Trump’s lawyers were briefed on what Manafort told investigators, inflaming tensions with Mueller: NYT report

I’m not an expert, but I thought that kind of a thing is a big ethics no-no for lawyers, as in “may lead to disbarment”?

4 Likes

Oh, for sure!

But I think assuming that Manafort hired an ethical lawyer who shouldn’t be disbarred is jumping to conclusions.

5 Likes

These are not the actions of men who know they are innocent.

The conservative argument about a “witch hunt” and partisan bias are absurd-- Mueller is a lifelong Republican and highly regarded law enforcement officer, Trump is a well-known liar and shady businessman. Who you gonna believe?

14 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t seen more political cartoons with Trump in makeup reminiscent of the Wicked Witch of the West decrying Mueller’s investigation as a witch hunt.

4 Likes

One of the great ironies of the Trump era is that any Republican who doesn’t give Trump their unconditional support on every issue is labeled a “RINO,” even though Mueller has been a Republican his entire life and Trump has changed political parties at least five times.

7 Likes

Oh dear. I expect @beschizza’s Photoshop subscription is earning its keep as we speak

3 Likes

How do you spell obstruction of Justice?

" In October, Giuliani told Politico that Team Trump had 32 joint defense agreements with others being investigated by the special counsel’s office."

6 Likes

Heh. More like the Wicked Witch of the West hiding behind one of those utterly indefensible portraits of him. Yelling into a microphone leading to a speaker behind the portrait’s face and saying, “I said pay no attention to the witch… I mean, the woman, behind the curtain! No, wait, there is no woman, there is no curtain, I am standing right in front of you!”

This is day 562 of the Mueller investigation.

And there have been 90 indictments thus far. That’s an indictment every 6.2 days - or one a week if we want to round it.

Wow - this guy is super productive!

8 Likes

And super careful. As much as I’d like to see him release the report as early as possible to start mitigating the daily damage done by the regime, I’d rather know he’s doing this right.

5 Likes

The Whitewater investigation lasted seven and a half years and yielded far fewer indictments than Mueller’s. Even the Watergate investigation lasted four years.

I don’t know where people are getting this idea that Mueller has been dragging his feet compared to previous special counsel investigations, if anything it’s the opposite.

7 Likes

And another one. This one is going to sting Donnie boy.

3 Likes

Apparently there are probably a lot more indictments we just haven’t heard about yet.

Some one was telling me that the way these grand juries work indictments are handed down sealed. And you can’t reveal or confirm the without the judge’s ok to move them to open court for the purposes of charging people. So apparently every time we hear about an indictment, especially one that’s practically possible to act on. It was actually handed down weeks before we heard about it. And it’s expected that there are lots and lots of indictments already on the books that are being held back to protect the investigation.

That’s part of why I suspect the Assange indictment that was leaked has something to do with Mueller. And it’s another reason why killing the Investigation doesn’t work quite how Trump and the GOP seem to think it does. If the investigation ends tomorrow, still sealed indictments don’t just go away. They stay on the books. They could end up publicly revealed or handed off if Mueller is fired. But special council or not you’ve got all these court orders saying “that guy did crime” and the piles of evidence that convinced a jury there was something worth charging.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.