Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/13/judge-says-paul-manafort-broke.html

Manafort now faces the rest of his life in prison. Will he finally be motivated to tell the whole truth about Trump?

13 Likes

Alf%20Popcorn

29 Likes

22 Likes

paul-manafort-jail-tweets-O1z

34 Likes

6VbP5la

24 Likes

Why? He’ll sure to be be pardoned soon.

10 Likes

trump will probably be to busy asking his lawyers if he can pardon himself.

11 Likes

24 Likes

The fact that this is such a half-assed, amateurish, inept conspiracy, and that it happened at the highest levels of the US government, basically in plain view, and yet the main beneficiary (other than Putin) is still in office shows what a sad ridiculous country we have become.

46 Likes

The real intelligence operatives must be rolling on the floor laughing at Manafort & Stone’s tradecraft.

12 Likes

Nah. Trump probably forgot about him. Manafort is going to keep mum because Mueller isn’t anywhere close to as scary as Manafort’s associates.

14 Likes

I was driving home in freezing cold with all my windows down to keep some French pastry from melting when I heard the news about an hour and a half ago.

I immediately warmed up from the amount of extremely vigorous happy yelling and cheering :grin:

This bum deserves everything he gets and more, he helped prop up dictatorships around the world. He’s one of the biggest pieces of walking scum alive on Earth today, and the fact that he was all this and Donald Trump’s campaign manager and is now facing actual life in prison while his buddy is still sitting in office, that’s sweeter than any Valentine’s Day chocolates I could ever find.I guess justice is blind occasionally- he did actually lie, on top of all he did, and now he can’t get out of it.

Rot in jail Manny!

14 Likes

I thought this was already decided like a month ago?

1 Like

Or wondering in disgust why they even bother trying so hard when apparently you can take over a whole country by just having no shame.

20 Likes

One possibility now is that Manafort may be motivated to cooperate more earnestly with federal investigators, in a last-ditch attempt to avoid losing his liberty for life.

Or one possibility now is that Manafort may still think trump is going to swoop in and suck his cock with a pardon.

I’m drinking to that, right now.

10 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world where Paul Manafort is a liar :sleepy:

6 Likes

I’m not a lawyer, but my legal advice is you don’t lie to the feds. It really pisses them off.

6 Likes

Double secret bonus points for a Zim reference.

8 Likes

Well, if Paulie doesn’t spill the beans now it’s safe to assume that he knows some serious shit about his former associates and clients.
Which tells the feds that keeping on digging isn’t a waste of time.

7 Likes