Trump says his "authority is total"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/13/trump-says-his-authority-is.html

7 Likes

He left out " . . . bullshit".

43 Likes

We will all clearly recall the loyalty and complete obeisance he displayed to the prior president. /sarcasm /barf /is this real life?

33 Likes

Well at least all that authority comes with great…

Oh.

52 Likes

49 Likes

45: They can’t do anything without my approval.
Governors: Watch us. You left us to handle this on our own, so don’t think you can jump in now to take credit and/or screw up all of our hard work at the end.

60 Likes

Like that time he chastised Obama for taking a golf trip while the country was facing a disease pandemic which ultimately claimed the lives of over (checks notes) one American.

49 Likes

Let the rationalizations commence!

The worst person ever, we found him!

20 Likes

tenor

29 Likes

all this so he can go play golf again in May

he’s so not leaving at the end of the year, one way or another

the thing is, what are we going to do about the 45% that will vote again for him and for the next one not caring if they kill us all

7 Likes

Remember the kid who was too busy picking his nose to pay attention to the Schoolhouse Rock videos in your middle school social science class? That’s Trump.

26 Likes

I bet those conservative States Rights proponents will give him what for.

What’s that? They took the day off?? Hmm.

28 Likes

Nice theory assclown. Come and test it :facepunch:

3 Likes
4 Likes
27 Likes

We’ll have to come up with a new word to describe this theory of presidential total authority. Hmmm…how about “totalitarianism”. Sounds right.

18 Likes
19 Likes

My $5 bet is if a governor won’t comply with “federal standards” (whatever that turns out to be) then he will not sign their disaster declaration requests, they won’t get any funding he can stop, they won’t get any supplies they request, and they’ll get dragged in the daily shitshow until they comply.

17 Likes

Reminds me of the pitch in those old cereal commercials.

“You’d need the combined authority of THREE branches of government to match the authority of ONE serving of Total Power!”

19 Likes