Trump shared fake image falsely suggesting Taylor Swift endorses him

Jeebus, that headline photo.

A terrible rug on a smug slug.

6 Likes

Not to point out the obvious, but… There were MANY WAY worse things that should have done him in. And yet they didn’t, unfortunately.
I mean, the list is long and disgusting. But MAGA gonna MAGA…

5 Likes

And that person is Jenna Piwowarczyk.

8 Likes

What if they are trying to goad TS into publicly supporting Harris, so turmp has one more thing to cry fowl about (“election interference”)?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s anything so tactical. In fact I don’t think Trump involved his campaign people at all, or even paused to consider whether it was true or not.

That’s just not how TFG’s brain works. He reposts things that he thinks make him look good by impulse, even if a few seconds of investigation would reveal the original poster was a tr0ll or a Russian propagandist or a Nazi. Then it’s his followers’ job to construct a rationale for why he did it.

11 Likes

I came her to say this, but knew in my heart it had already been said.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Maybe Alanis Morissette could join her in that, though I don’t know how the law applies to parody.

6 Likes

Living in Wisconsin, I particularly love Tom Morello’s reaction to Paul Ryan saying how he loved Rage Against the Machine:

“Paul Ryan’s love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades. Don’t mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta ‘rage’ in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment."

Apparently the lyrics of Killing in the Name were too subtle for Paul Ryan.

14 Likes

Republicans are very familiar with the word satire. When they say what they mean and people get mad about it, that means it was satire and so they can’t be held accountable.

11 Likes

“I always assumed the machine they were raging against was the office printer!”

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.