Trump shared fake image falsely suggesting Taylor Swift endorses him

Originally published at: Trump shared fake image falsely suggesting Taylor Swift endorses him - Boing Boing

10 Likes

There’s a “Satire” tag in the upper left image.

8 Likes

Yeah… and either 45’s team didn’t notice, or they just don’t care.

20 Likes

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

21 Likes

The image of Swift in costume doesn’t have that.

3 Likes

So, based on these pictures, there appears to be exactly one real person involved in the “Swifties for Trump” movement (and it’s unknown if they actually are a Swift fan). Yeah, sounds about right.

Once you’ve completely rejected reality, a few “satire” tags don’t mean a thing.

20 Likes

Sure it does. It means “another six letter word that I don’t know what it means”

13 Likes

Well we can hope and dream that this kind of thing makes her angry enough to take a more active role this time around. Her 2020 Biden/Harris endorsement was certainly appreciated but I think it was just in the form of a somewhat subdued Tweet. Can you imagine the influence she could have if she went all-in and started doing live performances to support the campaign?

16 Likes

I really hope this blows up in his face, bigly. Swift has a big, devoted fan base and if she decides to start advocating for Harris even partly due to this, it would be so great.

30 Likes

Seeing as she is such a lightning rod for violent misogyny I can’t see most of her fans being behind Vance and Trump.

16 Likes

Probably not, but there are certainly a few. Much more important though is the effect she could have by helping to increase turnout.

21 Likes

I agree with that totally.

Motivating her in any way to work against him is simply so stupid. It would tickle me greatly to see her flex on his dumb ass.

16 Likes

For sure. Every so often there are still a few Rage Against the Machine fans who are shocked, shocked to learn that the band doesn’t care for the MAGA movement, and Tom Morello has never been especially subtle about his political leanings.

19 Likes

Just posting that was stupid, even if Taylor Swift doesn’t choose to endorse Harris. There are a lot of Swifties who will be upset the orange menace is trying to appropriate Swift.

In my dreams there is a surprise performance at the DNC by Taylor Swift and Beyonce where they both endorse Harris. It’s recorded and replayed every where.

17 Likes

This should do him in. He must be fantasizing he can weather another lawsuit. This should secure her position on Forbes. He must have a doublewide stashed somewhere in Wyoming 'cause that may be all he’s got left

5 Likes

He probably figures that any lawsuit Taylor Swift files won’t go to trial until after the election, that when he wins (the idea that he’ll lose hasn’t crossed what’s left of his mind) he can do something to end it, and even if he can’t end it and that lawsuit goes against him the Supreme Court Injustices that the Republican party has bought will rule for him on appeal.

2 Likes

What’s funny about that is that it will probably prompt Taylor to actively make a statement against Trump.

Also, I wouldn’t want to piss off the Swifties…

Remember that old Steve Jackson card game Illumunati? Swifties would be a very powerful card.

13 Likes

I don’t know you, I don’t listen to your songs much, but I feel like I am joining the chorus of your true fans when I sing out

Village People Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

Are they a Weird group?

2 Likes

Total coincidence. She’s actually a swift boat veteran.

16 Likes