Trump supporter demanded to see a list of impeachable offenses; someone happily obliged

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/12/trump-support-demanded-to-see.html

8 Likes

It just goes to show that even women “with a doctorate” can totally miss the point.

22 Likes

What rose-colored ‘alternate reality’ bullshit is this?

48 Likes

Slow news day?

6 Likes

I guess a “doctorate” doesn’t help you to understand “context”:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

51 Likes

also, as the old saying goes, “Beware those who demand you call them Dr. without specifying their field of study…*cough*Dr. Phil*cough* or granting institution *cough*TrumpU*cough*”

32 Likes

Exactly. Trump supporters/Fox Viewers are incapable of understanding anything more complicated than a bumper sticker.

17 Likes

“Trump encourages (people)” is one of the number one excuses, along with “he’s good for the markets” and “he pushes a strong military” that I hear from conservative folks who still sort of support the guy. What they mean is that he’s diverted tons of money away from the middle class into big business and pushed deregulation, the old trickle-down Reagonomics BS that didn’t work 30 years ago.

22 Likes

“I should know, I’m a medical doctor! I own a mansion and a yacht.”

17 Likes

And always ALWAYS don’t forget, if the black president said it, we need to right that wrong, Say it the not black or a woman president way! Cuz freedoms!

8 Likes

I was going to post that too. I hate when I see that statement taken out of context.

Also…if you feel the need to specifically say things like “For the record, I am a woman who has a doctorate” as qualifiers to “and I support Trump” then I call BULLSHIT.

22 Likes

tumblr_pexdxpkzBs1r3aa23o1_540

69 Likes

Brilliant.

18 Likes

I’m a man with a doctorate, and I think the original letter is pretty stupid (the list of impeachable offenses is great, though: we should just cut and paste that and send it to congress; will save them some time).

15 Likes

Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re not an idiot. It means that you are able to follow instructions and turn in assignments on time.

18 Likes

Just goes to show: even umpteen years of education can’t fix stupid.

10 Likes

Nazis are people, too.
Shitty people, but people nonetheless.

Oh ya, and corporations are also people. See, that idiot with the doctorate is kinda right.

2 Likes

It’s really unfortunate that Obama’s quote wasn’t:

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that alone. Somebody else helped you make that happen.

I know the meaning isn’t different in context, but knowing that opponents are looking for ways to take your words out of context, this would have made it much harder to misrepresent.

7 Likes

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics.

12 Likes

You’d expect someone with a doctorate to understand that. But apparently she’s standing on the shoulders of her own bootstraps.

25 Likes