Trump supporter demanded to see a list of impeachable offenses; someone happily obliged

My father was awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree from the Sam Houston Institute of Technology.

6 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Considering these liars are playing clips of President Obama talking about “… wild conspiracy theories, like those surrounding Benghazi, …” and then immediately claiming that he’s calling the actual events at Benghazi a conspiracy theory, i don’t think there’s any way to keep them from being mendacious.

7 Likes

A sign of things to come…

10 Likes

Right before that, Obama said, “Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have… Somebody invested in roads and bridges.” That’s what he was referring to when he said, “You didn’t build that.”

Speaking of which, NPR now has a podcast/radio show about entrepreneurs and their companies called How I Built This. The proof of the entrepreneur’s success, of course, is the amount of money the business is worth…which they always tell you at the end of the show.

3 Likes

More and more, they’re becoming complacent, “devil’s advocate” shills.

8 Likes

The far right party in Germany – the AFD – is sometimes called “the professors party”; the majority of the early members held doctorates.

Nobody who has ever been to a university faculty meeting believes that having a doctorate guarantees common sense. One would have thought, however, that the writer would have had appropriate training in accurately quoting sources.

7 Likes

It’s true of large businesses and corporations as well - the roads, airports, and ports which move your workers, raw materials and finished goods; the police and legal system which protects your stuff and resolves disputes; the army, navy, and airforce which ensure global trade routes are secure enough to ensure your stuff arrives; the education system which educated your workers; the health system which fixes them when they’re broken; the food safety system and EPA and sanitation which keeps them healthy; etc etc etc … you as the owner of a business large or small didn’t build those things, but you do have a responsibility - and very high degree of self-interest - in keeping them going.

Pay your fucking taxes.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Speaking as a dog with a PhD, I would not always take people’ claims about themselves at face value, especially on the internet.

10 Likes

Hm… odd.
What one pays for music and what one earns from music… is there much of a relationship, really?
I don’t think she works in music.
Maybe she plays at her church though.

My cousin plays hell out of a violin, she gets royalties from movies and maybe some recordings. Mostly she hustles though, driving all over the LA area playing with whatever local symphony or whatever will have her. She does pretty well, but I don’t think royalties are much of it.

4 Likes

Well clearly, she got her doctorate without he help of universities or teachers. Just made her own degree out of sheer willpower and spunk. Who is John Galt?

6 Likes

I made my PhD out of spunk…

6 Likes

At Lennon & McCartney U?

5 Likes

Nope, I’m an independent spanker.

6 Likes

From what I can see she does or did at one time. She has a few LPs and a CD (I assume the one she’s complaining about), a decent looking musician’s CV, reviews of solo performances from reputable media outlets. She’s not any kind of star in the classical world but it looks like she’s a professional who, at least in the past, has done more than studio and session work.

None of that makes her letter any less wrongheaded or intellectually dishonest, of course. As others here have said, her doctorate is no surefire indicator of common sense. What we’re seeing here is yet another butt-hurt middle-class and middle-aged* credentialed white person who resents the fact that we’re a more multi-cultural and inclusive society than we were in the “good old days.” She has done some church concerts so you may be correct that there’s a Xtianist element here as well.

[* I’m upping my estimate on her age to late 50s/early 60s based on the date of her first album)

4 Likes

Or cause it.

Many years ago, my first pair of contact lenses and right out of the chute the prescription was seriously fouled up; I couldn’t see anything with them in. (20/800 vision here, folks.) Perhaps someone else’s contacts? Who knows. Anyway, I get my optometrist’s receptionist on the phone and tell her of my problem. The response (which still echoes through my head on certain occasions): “The prescription can’t be wrong. He’s the doctor.”

I guess my eyes were lying to me.

9 Likes

Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re not an idiot. It means that you are able to follow instructions and turn in assignments on time.

And shell out for a shit ton of credit hours.

1 Like