Trump supporter demanded to see a list of impeachable offenses; someone happily obliged

To be fair, it’s equally offensive to Trump supporters even when they understand the context. Humility? Gratitude? Perspective? Working together and helping support each other? This is their worst nightmare.

6 Likes

it is because of Obama, who acted as though America needed to be brought down a peg or two. With statements like “you didn’t build that,” he not so subtly told people that their efforts were not that important.

uP4cuEW

9 Likes

Trump encourages people… to stop hiding their bigoted nature, a show it proudly.

5 Likes

Dr Phil is a clinical psychologist. So am I, with a PhD, and we’re not all sell-out unethical weirdos like him.

6 Likes

Seriously. Was this person’s “doctorate” honorary? I’d suggest some sort of ridiculous subject to get a doctorate in, but then I’d be insulting plenty of good people who worked very long and very hard.

1 Like

And what about the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution? I mean, it’s only the goddamn U.S. Constitution, right? Who cares if Trump has spent the last two years wiping his sphincter with it? How is this massive, public violation anything but a no-brainer?

5 Likes

Where I’m from a PhD is a pure research degree with no classes attached, so you make your own instructions and there are no assignments to hand in (apart from the horribly large one at the end). I agree having a PhD doesn’t mean you are smart. It means you can delay gratification for an inordinately long amount of time for often no real benefit.

6 Likes

She didn’t say that he encourages ALL people. Trump does encourage Klan members, neo-Nazis, and other white supremacists, which Obama definitely did not do, so she’s at least partly correct, in an entirely deplorable way.

6 Likes

An expert is someone who can explain why their predictions turned out to be wrong.

3 Likes

Her doctorate is probably from Trump University.

1 Like

And yet there are already almost 70 comments.

What do I know? I’m an aged cynic – the latter based on experience of reality.
Given that, I personally thought Donald’s impeachable offenses started with taking the oath of office without any intent of complying with what he swore to do and with every intent to abuse the office for personal gain.
Really, he’s been impeachable from the start. Just a matter of the political will to do so – of which there’s an insufficient amount to the least.

Did the ‘quality assessment’ consist of handing out little differently coloured stars depending on how well the assessment went? If so, that actually sounds awesome.

I mean maybe the bar for assessment is a little low but at least you know that if you haven’t been given at least a silver star, your work was considered worse than they’d expect from a kindergartener.

Actually that sounds bad. :frowning:

2 Likes

Slacking off at work.

1 Like

No-one says “that’s very nice, dear” quite like a kindergarten teacher.

5 Likes

You’re not terribly far off! In reality, we had to print out the websites we were working on and hand them off; a few days later we’d get them back covered in post-it notes which inevitably said things like “add more drop shadows”, “make all text much larger”, “use only primary colors” and “add animated cartoons”. They were especially fond of suggesting “cartoon buddies like Clippey” as a website assistant.

10 Likes

I had misremembered his story, and though he had some weird honorary degree or none at all. Yes, he certainly was giving advice in the realm of his expertise at least. Apologies if that came across as a swipe.

2 Likes

I think the important takeaway isn’t that she is a PhD holder that is dumb, because she’s not dumb even if she doesn’t appear to know what she is talking about. The important takeaway is that PhD holders are not bound to a moral code.

She doesn’t care that Trump “encourages people” and Obama didn’t, she is equating policies that directly benefit her with policies that benefit everyone - and either because she doesn’t care about how it effects people she doesn’t know (or is the type that assumes everyone looks out for #1 so empathy is stupid) or because she is a liar who is one of the many volunteer propagandists in America’s political team sports. Either way, this is just a jerk who may or may not hold a PhD and may or may not be a woman and who may or may not believe what she is saying. Of all be possibilities “she’s a moron” is pretty low compared to just being a vocal asshole.

4 Likes

This last, more than annual income or education level, is what distinguishes Il Douche’s supporters.

3 Likes

… and his public speeches come off as stilted as a result. Meanwhile, Trump and pretty much any Republican can say literally anything they like while throwing a heil and it slides off them like it never happened.

The real point here isn’t that Democrats can somehow hack the media by speaking perfectly every time: it’s that the Republicans’ paymasters control the media and own the discourse.

If Obama had never said a single word that could be taken out of context, they would have just made up a few more words to attack him with. Lying by omission is actually harder than just making things up wholesale.