Trump supporter warns of Taliban style takeover if Trump isn't reinstated as president

…and look what happened in Afghanistan.

Refugee program?

ETA: if we do build a wall around it then John Carpenter does not get to make Escape From Florida.

4 Likes

Awwwww. Really?

1 Like

if we finally accepted Peurto Rico

Las personas que quizás no quieran ser parte de su gloriosa revolución no importan, solo están ocupando un espacio en la tierra manifiesta por el destino de ser propiedad de los Estados Unidos.

Set free Puerto Rico, pay reparations for Dominion Sugar’s theft of the land, clean up the toxic mess instead of demanding “prepare to be assimilated”.

6 Likes

ummm… no!
No Way Reaction GIF by Kathryn Dean

11 Likes

How about you NOT make decisions for the people who live in FL…? How about you recognize that not everyone in red states are rabid racists, pro-Trump, anti-vaxxers/maskers, and many of us are busting our asses to change things here? The ONLY thing that “giving away” states to the most extreme political wing of the GOP will do is make this entire thing WORSE. We sink or swim together. You are always welcome to leave the god damned country if you don’t give a shit about those of us who are working to save all of it from an authoritarian takeover.

11 Likes

I was thinking of deleting the post but I think it’s better to leave it up and apologize.
I know better and shouldn’t have made a joke of it.

Living in California it’s easy to feel like I have an open minded progressive worldview and that I share it with everyone around me. I also know that travelling as little as 50 miles and seeing Trump flags and thin-blue-line stickers I feel threatened and uneasy. Without noticing it happen I’ve started to see more and more of my country as hostile, backwards, and “other”, and it really sucks.

Obviously step one includes not making ignorant, dismissive jokes or generalizations about other people. It’s not exactly racist per se, but whatever it is, it’s not any better. But beyond that I really don’t know what to do or even how to feel about coexisting in the world around my own bubble.

I’m scared, I’m sad, and I’m sorry.

14 Likes

I hear you. I am scared and sad, too.

3 Likes

I live in a blue bubble as well here in the ATL Metro, so I feel that, too. Where I live is right on the edge of Trump country, in fact. I go a little further out, and there it is…

Me Too Samesies GIF

12 Likes

Off-topic, but just seeing someone offer an honest, meaningful mea culpa like this has me verklempt. We need more folks in the world who can do that more often. Thanks for being a good person.

12 Likes

Right! I appreciate it, @Bfarnn… Too few people are willing to admit mistakes now a days.

10 Likes

Have you even been to Bakersfield? /s

10 Likes

I would get those people out soon if I were you. DeSantis is still in power.

1 Like

Always surprised that so many in Cali live insulated in the cities that they think its a liberal state (Like the stereotype. Its as bad as generation__whatever blaming all the previous ones for all your problems. As if there aren’t 20 year old magas and nazis running around out there too).

20 minutes outside of every major city you find magas and trumpies and nazi flags galore. Its a HUGE state so we also have all the cool stuff Fla. does, like cults, whackjobs by the thousands, and way too many politicians.

1 Like

If he is already POTUS, then why would he need to be ‘reinstated’?
Good luck getting that god of yours to do anything by itself. It always seems to need outside help to do anything…

Yep. And you goobers don’t have all of 'em, either.

Longer than you seem to think, Sparky.

Apparently you are under the delusion that you goobers will be unopposed…
Think about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.