Trump suspended from Twitter

I did think of you when the news broke :wink:

18 Likes
22 Likes

Permanent implies forever while suspension implies temporary, so I’m not sure which it actually is.

But one thing I do know is this is fucking wonderful. Too bad it took a literal coup attempt for Twitter to finally do something about this fucker.

32 Likes

23 Likes

Basically they waited until he couldn’t do anything to them. I mean, I’m glad he’s gone, but he’s been blatantly violating ToS for years.

Sorry, didn’t mean to reply to you on that @alahmnat - but I guess it works in context so…

22 Likes

12 days early!

Now what will I doom scroll?

Fucking finally.

17 Likes

Twitter’s calculation: “Well, I guess we’ve ridden this thing about as far as we can. Time to try exploiting it a different way.”

28 Likes

Perfect gif for this story:

31 Likes

Perhaps they did it this way to ensure that the content was preserved.

14 Likes

That cadre of similar twitter accounts (@The_Thor_Odin, Vlad of the Rus @VladimirKhagan) has been really solid these last four years.

4 Likes

Trump Prepares Pardon List for Aides and Family, and Maybe Himself
By Jennifer Jacobs
White House staff, family members may get preemptive pardons
Legal power to pardon self isn’t clear in Constitution

5 Likes

It turns out everyone’s line is somewhere between “actively fomenting insurrection”, “almost gone anyway”, and “oh shit the Dems take over the Oversight Committee in less than two weeks”.

28 Likes

Technically true, although Twitter did suppress some of Washington’s tweets during the Whiskey Rebellion, and he was threatened with further moderation action.

/pedant

23 Likes
31 Likes

this is my thought, too – seems kinda wishy-washy on twitter’s part. it’s like “jumbo shrimp” for the tech age.

7 Likes

I think they are just hedging their way to a potential reversal in the future.

5 Likes

Still waiting for the ravens!

4 Likes

Does this means Trump is no longer important? Wasn’t that their reasoning for keeping him on there?

6 Likes

Just wait for the fireworks on the 20th.

They will make the fireworks at the end of Star Wars look like sparklers.

5 Likes

“Suspended” is basically just Twitter’s word for “banned”. It’s distinct from “deleted”, but every Twitter account that gets banned and not perma-deleted says “account suspended” if you try to visit the profile.

15 Likes