Trump suspended from Twitter

Mindblowing to think of the bullshit we all would have been spared if this would have happened 4 years ago.

27 Likes

Is that a euphemism?

4 Likes
16 Likes

lol

57 Likes

This is a good start (albeit way, way late).

Next can we please ban him permanently from free society? Trump is a fascist menace. A moronic one of course, but a menace nevertheless.

10 Likes

Five years ago they could have stopped this whole shitshow from happening

26 Likes

The glorious Marina Hyde mentioned the earlier Facebook ban with just the right amount of snark:

‘And so to the founding fathers of this level of mass delusion. It was nice to hear from Mark Zuckerberg, who grandly announced he’d blocked Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. This is not so much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted as doping the horse, whipping it into a frenzy, encouraging it to bolt, fostering a world in which humans are subjugated by horses, monetising every snort and whinny, allowing the very existence of “humans” and “horses” to become just one of a bunch of competing opinions, and then – only when that one particular horse has outlived its usefulness and seems destined for the glue factory – gently closing the stable door with a self-satisfied little “click”.’

27 Likes

Haha! I thought about starting a new account as “Via Getty” yesterday just to see what we could do with it, but then I had to eat some ice cream or chocolate or something. So much to do, so little energy.

18 Likes

Well, it was always his co-pieces of shit in the legislative branch who were in a position to do anything to and/or about Twitter, and they’re still very much on the case with their “free speech” bollocks.

But that’s beside the point ‘cos Twitter’s ass-kissing was never out of fear. They like enabling Turmp. This is just “we’ve squeezed the last schmear out of that toothpaste tube, so now we might as well try to claim the tiny amount of goodwill that supporting basic decency is worth”.

9 Likes

You know what, you’re all right when you’re saying this is too late but I have decided I am just going to enjoy this news. Enjoy how he is impotently ranting right now and the world can’t hear it.

15 Likes

Sorry. I read your “12 days early!” as excitement.

No euphemism, nothing sinister, just hope for a big celebration (in a socially distanced way).

2 Likes

12 days early, but 5 years too late.

17 Likes

You know what type of horses they all were…

11 Likes
36 Likes

7JrIY02

37 Likes
14 Likes

It was excitement.

And I was being silly.

2 Likes

No Buffalo Shaman. Yeah, yeah /s

I’m hearing a Kool and the Gang song playing in my head…

3 Likes

A little birdie has said that Google and Apple have given Parler 24 hours to mend their ways or they’ll remove them from their app stores.

15 Likes