Trump targets individual Twitter employee with threats, on Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/28/trump-targets-individual-twitt.html

7 Likes

Every time Trump brings up voting by mail as a bad thing there should be an automatic script appending the notation

Trump votes by mail but doesn’t think other people should be allowed to.

65 Likes

While appalling, none of this surprises me anymore.

8 Likes

I think he is fixing to get himself a 24 hour ban on the platform. Which ofc plays into his hands of being marginalized.

9 Likes

“This is better than that time I made a father fight his son.”

13 Likes

He is not wrong. There have been a couple cases, one right here in Harrisonburg, in which Republicans tried to fraudulently manipulate mail-in ballots. But that would not really help his case, now, would it?

(On review, the one here was related to mail-in voter registration, but I think the point stands.)

28 Likes

why after three years do people still fall for the defending/arguing an issue and give it merit with him?

that’s not how he works, we know that, he’s a 5 year old, he decides how he wants something to be and throws a temper tantrum until he gets it, destroying everything in sight until he gets his way, there’s no underlying issue, he doesn’t have that depth

he’s going to get twitter employees killed, it’s the murders on 5th avenue, and he will get away with it

hell he’s taking over and destroying the post office just to try to get at Bezos, twitter is nothing

18 Likes

Because after three years he is 1) still the president and 2) still has masses of followers who, for whatever reason, believe what he says?

You don’t stop trying to correct information because the person who provided said misinformation isn’t listening to you. You do it for the lurkers (who vastly outnumber the posters) reading the discussions and are trying to make up their own minds.

34 Likes

technically he’s impeached, that’s another thing I don’t get, why did everyone stop properly saying “impeached president trump”, they did it for about a week or two and stopped, he’s still impeached

16 Likes

It says “Trump targets individual Twitter employee with threats” but I don’t see the threats quoted here

4 Likes

Nobody has time to use his full title;

Donald John Trump, convicted fraudster, oath-breaker, bearer of false witness, fornicator of ill repute and father of Fredos, bane of linguists, exalted champion of Klansmen and thirdly impeached President of these United States of America.

48 Likes

You have laid out the game plan. Massive Republican voter fraud. Either it works, and republicans win, or it gets called out, and they institute very restrictive voting laws.

8 Likes

And the only one to have a senator of his own party vote to convict, right?

6 Likes

Was going to say “except for Xeni,” but no, this post omits the usual “Manifestly unfit and impeached…”

Presumably the Biden campaign is keeping this in its back pocket for just the right moment…? Thus far they seem to have kept the lid on it.

2 Likes

You forgot accused and admitted rapist.

21 Likes

“…grabber of pussies…”

15 Likes

His limp response to the covid-19 crisis is already

7 Likes

It’s Trump’s own damn fault for using something as stupid as twitter for mass-communication. That’s what the press corps are for. It boggles my mind why twitter hasn’t snipped this in the bud a long time ago.

He just straight-up doxed one of their employees who now probably needs professional protection 24/7 for years.

This is an obvious violation of ToS. Delete the account.

20 Likes

Immediately after account deletion, federal marshals will descend on Twit.HQ. It’s all for free speech, sure.

7 Likes

Our election process is already a tainted laughingstock- it made Trump president.

10 Likes