Trump teases “massive” tax cut, “big announcement,” bigger than “any tax cut ever“

Crap, Looks like they were sold off.

3 Likes

The Electoral College system is the only system that works in a nation so vast that it can take weeks for votes from the outlying territories to reach the capital via pony express.

8 Likes

On some level, Trump is playing a whole different game than the rest of the GOP when it comes to making up his own “facts.”

Well, he’s partially adopted a strategy of acknowledging the reality of statistics he scoffed at before he was elected. So all he has to do is point to the fact that illegal immigration is net zero, crime is down, that there already is a wall for (part of) the Mexican border, etc. and he wins! * Sessions reading the crime trends graph upside down and claiming that New York is suffering a crime wave doesn’t really help that narrative, but he’s got his own agenda…

• I call it the “thanks Trump!” phenomenon - taking credit only for accomplishments he had nothing to do with (because his own actions only have negative consequences, if any).
5 Likes

I liked my own anniversary announcement. I am gauche.

5 Likes

Don’t hold your breath.

5 Likes

Only when I’m underwater!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haven’t you heard, “CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE NEWS!!!

1 Like

19% != 100%

Sorry, can’t climb on board with the idea that I’m failing to not be a Rump Reservist by not being a Rump Reservist. Getthafuggouddahere with that.

2 Likes

A fifth is a big enough number to have a good hard rethink about the nature of America. If it were an organization, it’d be enough to have it shut down.

6 Likes

A fifth of the country being evil bastards isn’t unique to America; there’s a substantial chunk of them in every country.

The problem in America is that they’ve let the evil bastards take control. Possibly permanently.

12 Likes

See also: Marine Le Pen getting 21.4% of the vote in France.

5 Likes

What a fantastic spit-take.

2 Likes

I would say that is usually how revolutions start, but I doubt there’s enough people to care anymore.

1 Like

I think that a fifth is about as much as you need to drink to forget about Trump and all his works. :wink:

6 Likes

Or, in my case, probably die of alcohol poisoning. Which might just be what it would take for me to forget…

3 Likes

I have a feeling that Nathan Fillion has practiced various types of spit takes in order to perfect them.

2 Likes

I would gladly take a tax increase if it could reverse the election outcome. Removing 45 isn’t good enough because it still leaves Mike “evil wimmins control my libido” Pence available to become 46.

5 Likes

“What should we do?”
“We could sing ‘Abide With Me’”.

Great line from ‘Yes Minister’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.