Trump tells female reporter, "You're not thinking. I know you never do."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/01/trump-tells-female-reporter.html

7 Likes

The reporter in question isn’t Caucasian or male; color me shocked that 45 was disrespectful to her.

52 Likes

Oh Trump is reading the temperature of the country alright. The issue is, he thinks the country is his ass and his head is a thermometer.

32 Likes

Trump: more projection than an IMAX theater.

31 Likes

Or he knows that as much as some people may disagree with him, there are still tens of millions of racists and misogynists who support him. Wrong or right doesn’t determine support. Awful people legitimately win elections. There are women who loudly despair online for how #metoo will ruin the lives of countless men. The Republican party may seem to be somewhat weakening according to the view from the left but they’re not weak.

17 Likes

I don’t know how he thought she was in a state of shock because he picked her, she was just turning to get the microphone. No shock shown whatsoever. This video shows her at all times: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/10/01/trump-cecilia-vega-shocked-sot-ath-vpx.cnn

19 Likes

He lives in his own little reality, one which lacks ‘object permanence.’

36 Likes

The whole “I’m sorry, I am not thinking” line is a completely appropriate social norm where people excuse themselves for a momentary lapse concentration, or not being 100% ready to proceed. It’s a minor apology and considered basic manners.

Yeah - if I were them I would forgo any of that now. They won’t ever get basic niceties, and their decorum is seen as weakness.

I am not sure what will replace this social norm in the near future. Possibly a combination of grunting, birds being flipped, or maybe copying catting in a mocking tone.

4 Likes

Funny that the clip clipped her question off, I guess it wasn’t important?

7 Likes

I heard her say, “I’m not, thank you.”

12 Likes

But she didn’t say “I am not thinking”, she said “I’m not, thank you, Mr. President.” (Indeed, she wasn’t. In shock, that is)

15 Likes

The question about Kavanaugh wasn’t immediately answered. I don’t know if she was able to get an answer at a later moment. The clip linked on my previous post is slightly longer and the question is not clipped: Trump tells female reporter, “You’re not thinking. I know you never do.”

2 Likes

Oh, on second listen, ok, I did too. It was kinda fast, so I suppose I can understand it being misheard. (And, to be fair, I was primed.)

Still, the point is - even if it was misheard, it sounded like a courteous remark - which instead of being accepted, was used to attack.

2 Likes

Projection much?

giphy

11 Likes

“Way to read the temperature of the country right now, asshole.”

On the contrary, division is winning the game for Donald. His fans are devoted till death, and they see him being a douche the same as him winning.

If we can stop from being shocked and outraged, maybe he loses his power?

2 Likes

No, it’ll just normalize such behaviour.

23 Likes

Exactly. Stopping caring what people think about you takes power away from them, stopping caring what other people do is how you end up with Nazis.

17 Likes

This behavior has been normalized from day 1. And the outrage from the left is expected and ridiculed. The division is a plan, not an accident.

Remember the saying “dont feed the trolls”

I wish he’d have some unfortunate accident he’d never be able to live down, like Gdub choking on a pretzel, but ten times worse in scope. Maybe accidentally backing into one of the White House fireplaces and sitting on a poker way too far for any human to experience comfortably.

5 Likes

You mean Barron?

2 Likes