Trump tells his followers to leave Facebook and Twitter. Will they obey?

29 Likes

Trump is supposedly 6’-3” (though few actually believe this)… so if that image is to scale then I guess Jesus could play Power Forward for the Warriors.

15 Likes

Could? Where’s you faith?

14 Likes

I say that because the Golden State Warriors is only one option. I hear the Frankincense State Warriors and the Myrrh State Warriors also have their eye on him. Not to mention the Phoenix Sons.

25 Likes

He didn’t even try out for the Texass Charlatans…

5 Likes

Wait.

If Twitter is boring and everyone hates them, why are you upset about not being welcome there?

15 Likes

Just reading that statement is painful, as he writes like a third grader.

“Make social media great again … leave.”

9 Likes

22 Likes

If Trump has been compromised in the eyes of his followers for supporting vaccines, then isn’t he also hurting MTG for praising her?

She’s anti-vax and Trump is pro-vax.

Will be a weird dance if she suddenly has to distance herself from Trump.

11 Likes

They’ll SAY they will… they’ll scream at everyone that they’re leaving, and then they won’t leave and will keep retweeting bullshit.

12 Likes

Pretty much

20 Likes

This should prove to be amusing. Simply using Facebook or Twitter now constitutes direct disobedience to the God Emperor of crazy Trump. It will be fun calling out the crazies who continue to post because they didn’t get the memo or are committing a mortal sin.

7 Likes

Yes, my pretties, crawl back under your rocks!

4 Likes

Or Sasquatch.

1 Like

Jesus Sasquatch = Chewbacca celebrating Life Day

5 Likes

“I’m not convinced the special wasn’t ultimately written and directed by a sentient bag of cocaine”
-Nathan Rabin

7 Likes

I doubt this will have any great impact to the size of Facebook’s audience simply because Facebook is so general purpose. Facebook isn’t just a place to argue about vaccines with libs. Trump isn’t just asking them to plan political rallies on a different platform. He’s also asking his followers to give up the cute cat pictures, pics of their grandkids, the happy birthdays and the graduations and the FB group where they plan the local church bake sale. I don’t like Facebook either and I recently finally deleted my account but it took a while because like it or not so much stuff is planned or shared only on Facebook. As much as they love the Great Orange One, I think a lot of Trump supporters will find justifications for not deleting their accounts.

Giving up on Twitter was much, much easier.

Edited to add: Whoops, meant to add this as a reply to the thread generally, not to tcg550’s post.

3 Likes

I’m pretty handy with a trowel and can nicely point the mortar.

9 Likes

Jesus, if this isn’t the truth. My school district maintenance levy, which has NEVER failed, only passed by a couple dozen votes this last year on account of Nextdoor hysteria.

I think the mob mentality on Nextdoor is going to be so much more disruptive in the long run. The damage they can cause there has real everyday (and possibly immediate) repercussions.

5 Likes

Empty Gee is chiming in too, but I’m not going to bother posting it. She’s up to three exclamation marks.

6 Likes