Trump the Chump (Part 1)

I think the solution to this problem will turn out to be in Colorado

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/2nd-former-mexican-president-unloads-on-donald-trump/2016/02/27/b6974a1c-ddb8-11e5-8210-f0bd8de915f6_story.html

It’s indefensible for the US to treat it’s neighbors so poorly.

4 Likes

from wapo

4 Likes

From a candidate with one of the “all time great memories,” ladies and gentlemen.

In 2000, Trump was unambiguous about condemning the intolerance of the Reform Party, because it “now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani,” he said. “This is not company I wish to keep.‘’ On Friday, Trump was asked about Duke’s support, and replied, “I disavow him, OK?” But somehow, by Sunday, he’d forgotten both who Duke was, and how repellent his ideology is.

4 Likes

Great line to be trying to walk - trying not to upset your racist demographic.

Obviously it’d be unfair to condemn the KKK out of hand, you need to do some research first. Couldn’t jump to conclusions about them.

8 Likes

“I’m pretty sure Dad left some literature about them around here somewhere…”

10 Likes

oh wow.

I was trying to recall who it was that Duke supported in the past, and that person at the time also tried the “I don’t know who David Duke is…” line.

1 Like

People saying they don’t know who David Duke is is a liar. Everyone knows who he is…

3 Likes

How We Fooled Donald Trump Into Retweeting Benito Mussolini

ilduce2016 - LOL

8 Likes

“Chris Christie’s endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.” - Meg Whitman

3 Likes

File under Trump is helping break apart the GOP like LBJ broke apart the dems in '68:

Should Mr. Trump clinch the presidential nomination, it would represent a rout of historic proportions for the institutional Republican Party, and could set off an internal rift unseen in either party for a half-century, since white Southerners abandoned the Democratic Party en masse during the civil rights movement.

[T]wo [GOP] strategists … emphasized … [a] Trump nomination would not only cause Republicans to lose the presidency, they wrote, “but we also lose the Senate, competitive gubernatorial elections and moderate House Republicans.”

A Trump nomination could also mean that some GOP voters who feel alienated from the GOP may realign to the dems.

It’s a solid response to Trump driving trollies that Trump’s likely nomination is perceived by many in the GOP to signal the end of the GOP … also, loss of the White House, loss of the Senate … cats and dogs living together, etc.

1 Like

12 Likes
3 Likes

Ooh, John Oliver was good tonight. Assume it’ll be on YouTube tomorrow.

2 Likes

That made me lol. He literally did business with Fat Tony.

6 Likes

Delicious. Fabulous. Adjectives.

Seriously though. I love it.

There’s more on the topic of Trump meaning the GOP is broken.

Nate Silver has joined those who think lack of unity in the GOP to respond to Trump may signal a major realignment, i.e., GOP breaking apart.

Major partisan realignments do happen in America — on average about once every 40 years. The last one, which involved the unwinding of the New Deal coalition between Northern and Southern Democrats, is variously dated as having occurred in 1968, 1972 and 1980. There are also a lot of false alarms, elections described as realignments that turn out not to be. This time, we really might be in the midst of one. It’s almost impossible to reconcile this year’s Republican nomination contest with anyone’s notion of “politics as usual.”

3 Likes

Silver says Trump Twitter revolt may show GOP unity troubles.

On Twitter this weekend, there was a lot of activity behind the hashtag #NeverTrump, with various conservative intellectuals and operatives pledging that they’d refuse to support Trump in November.

Thank you, @daneel for posting this hilarious segment from John Oliver.

There’s not enough satire yet for the racism and sexism in the GOP campaigns.

And laughing helps. Sobbing with laughter really helps. It’s been too long … :smiley_cat:

At 2:01, “Donald Trump can seem appealing until you take a closer look. Much like the lunch buffet at a strip club. Or the NFL. Or having a pet chimpanzee.”

At 10:05, “He always seems to be in the same mood, specifically, smug, yet gassy”

At 17:53, “And you will remember that date because it’s the one that time travelers from the future will come back to to try and stop the whole thing from happening.”

At 20:09, #MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain

donaldjdrumpf.com

Oh, man … the spell is broken.

Thank you, @RealJohnOliver.

8 Likes

As Michigan primary day approaches, the volume of political ads is ramping up. The first Repub ad I saw was for Rubio. His ad ended with the words “a Republican who can beat Hillary.” That’s all he’s got. No policies, no vision of the future, just this one lame thing he has over Trump and Cruz.

Totally lame, but might work here. Snyder offered up even less, and got elected governor twice.

7 Likes