Trump the Chump (Part 2)

Well, I did say it was a feature! :wink:

5 Likes

Ketchup stains
Ketchup stains everywhere

3 Likes

I don’t know why he’d be upset about this ruling. It opens up a whole lot of space for him to fuck shit up if re-elected. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

The guideline wasn’t in place before he did crime, which means he didn’t take steps to ensure his crimes were covered as official acts.

2 Likes

I think you’re giving SCOTUS the benefit of the doubt here, that they did not mean this to allow for Trump to not be prosecuted for trying to over throw democracy. I think that that is precisely what they meant to do here, to give him cover for what he did.

4 Likes

IANAL, but my understanding is that the appeal which this ruling addresses asks SCOTUS to determine immunity specifically for T**** and specifically for acts he’s been charged with criminally. SCOTUS didn’t do that. They sent it back to the lower court with guidance to re-examine their ruling based on an interpretation of official and unofficial acts.

There is no mechanism, in my understanding, to appeal what’s already been appealed. The lower court gets to make this call and the only adjustment they need to make is that T**** is immune for telling Pence to throw the election to him. That’s it.

SCOTUS is definitely setting T**** up for Dictator for Life status if he’s re-elected, and counting on Biden not to use his new power to run roughshod because he’s a decent person. But this really doesn’t help T**** unless he’s re-elected. But it shows that the majority on the court buy into the unitary executive theory and want to make it more than a theory.

I don’t know, man… this seems like a victory for the insurrectionists to me… :woman_shrugging: Maybe I’m wrong, but it feels apocalyptic.

Yeah, that part…

And the media is working to ensure that happens. :sob:

4 Likes

IANAL, but as i read this, ex-presidents have absolute immunity for official acts, and then USSC reserves to itself the ability to determine what are and are not official acts. I cannot imagine how this could go badly…

Homer Simpson Art GIF by AniDom

4 Likes

At least we won’t have the President throwing paper towels at Hurricane Beryl survivors.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Delusional compulsive liar said a bunch of shit. Film at 11.

“Now it’s Kamela. She’s so fucking bad.” I hate this man. I really do.

8 Likes

7 Likes

20 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes
18 Likes

“I know nothing about Project 2025” statement triggers new concerns about his fitness to serve

Not to mention the way he rambles so incoherently.

Well, his incoherent rambling concerns me (even though corporate media keeps telling me the real problem is that Biden is 3 years older).

11 Likes

6 Likes

Waiting for the non-MAGA press to jump all over it, and highlight any GOP members who think he should drop out.

9 Likes