Trump the Chump (Part 2)

1 Like

According to the New York Post the shooter’s been identified. Last name Crooks, 20 year old white male, motivation undetermined still. Anyone looking for more info, please be aware that a lot of news outlets are posting a very gory and disturbing photo of his body, so be very careful browsing if that’s something you’re not able to process right now.

8 Likes

18 Likes

boyfriend tickling GIF

11 Likes

“Let me get my shoes”.

There wasn’t a single thought about the safety of his audience. There wasn’t a single concern for other people. He just wanted his shoes.

That should be the take away from this. That should be the thing that sticks in people’s minds forever after when they think of this moment. Not the fistshaking, not the trickle of blood on his face, not the accidental shot of him looking vaguely dyspeptic or concerned (it’s hard to tell which).

“Let me get my shoes”. He knew there was a shooter, and he didn’t have a single thought for the safety of anything but his shoes.

In moments such as these people show their true selves, and he revealed a vainglorious selfish idiot.

21 Likes

Thomas Matthew Crooks was a registered Republican, according to credible reporting. I figured as much.

9 Likes

Facts for the foreseeable future will be both at a premium and inconvenient.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d be very careful about believing anything that is not coming from official statements, and be wary about those as well, until there’s been more time to investigate and to check the results.

Speculation, confusion and disinformation are going to be rife for a while.

9 Likes

he aint bob roberts, thats for sure…

5 Likes

Woke up to this earlier. Yeah, that photo might just doom us. It’s just too perfectly framed for any news organisation to resist putting on the front page (even though the framing is through cropping, as I have seen uncropped versions as well). With the low angle, the blue sky, and the blood, and even a fucking American flag in the background, FFS. This is some accidental Riefenstahl shit.

Fuck.

15 Likes

its gonna be printed, framed and hung over couches in thousands of living rooms. and for those who can afford it, its gonna be painted in oil and framed in red-white-blue-gold.

fuck indeed.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Please no doomspiraling, people. There are no inevitabilities in politics. So try not to panic; and if you can’t help it, don’t despair and don’t give up.

Nobody knows, or even can know, what kind of an impact this has on things, if any.

So take deep breaths, tune out the news for a bit, and avoid social media comments.

17 Likes

I lay the blame for this squarely at the feet of the supreme court.

He’d have been much safer locked in prison.

Come to that, so would we all.

13 Likes

I went to bed with the Andy Griffith 24/7 channel on, I flipped over to CNN when I woke up.

They were comparing it to the assassination of JFK saying this was a where were you when it happened moment that people would rememer their whole life.

I flipped backed to Little House On The Prarie.

16 Likes
18 Likes

Something else I find interesting or amusing.

There are a lot of social media posts with photos of him with Jesus with comments like God protected him.

Apparently though, God didn’t care enough about the victims or their families to prevent them from dying or getting injured.

Not sure if that’s the way God really works.

In their mind but somewhere Jesus is facepalming again.

I also saw a headline that trump authorized a gofundme for the victims, pretty sure that’s not how that works either.

13 Likes

To be fair, that does sound extremely on brand for him.

8 Likes

Since, Lincoln, haven’t all attempted assassinations been "no political motivations "?

McKinley, Garfield, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Ford, Reagan?

4 Likes

Hinkcley did it to impress Jodie Foster

1 Like