Trump the Chump (Part 2)

Exactly, that’s not a political motivation.

3 Likes

NYT photographer got the moment the bullet zoomed by his head (not graphic since it does not show the side of the head that was shot). Kinda undoes a bit about the narrative of glass being shot

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1e2qju2/bullet_flying_past_former_president_trumps_head/

7 Likes

One supposes that if he’d perforce been part of a well-regulated militia, he’d have spent more time at the range and been a better shot. So the gun nuts indirectly saved Trump? :thinking:

5 Likes

I remember the attempted assassination of Reagan. I have no idea what I was doing when I heard about it. I have no idea what the date was, what the month was, what the time of year was, or even what year it happened. People don’t remember near misses like that. It’s just like I remember 9/11 and where I was and what I was doing, but I couldn’t tell you where I was or what I was doing when someone tried to blow up the World Trade Center in the 90s. It is asinine to suggest this is one of those never forget moments.

16 Likes
13 Likes

The story was fixed (no correction, much less apology). The Post would have to improve to have zero credibility.

Remember: The Murdochs’ “news” properties routinely inject poison into our civic bloodstream, for power and money. Evil.

I wonder how the Post picked Chinese; do they have a blame spinner for these situations?

7 Likes

More info, including the identity of the shooter.

11 Likes

Most Presidents in the modern era have faced several assassination attempts. The most recent being:

Joe Biden

• May 23, 2023: Sai Varshith Kandula, a 19-year-old man from St. Louis, drove a rented box truck into a barrier that separated the White House grounds from the public. Shortly thereafter he was taken into custody by the United States Park Police and was found to have a Nazi flag in his truck. Kandula expressed admiration for the Third Reichand stated his intentions were to “kill the president” and “seize power”.
17 Likes

I actually remember muich more about where I was when I heard John Lennon had been shot, Reagan definitely not.

8 Likes

I was pretty young and my parents weren’t Beatles fans. All I remember is Howard Cosell announcing it during a Monday Night Football game.

8 Likes

My parents were Beatles fans, that probably counts for a fair bit…

7 Likes

OFFS.

9 Likes

NY Times gift article link to “Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html?unlocked_article_code=1.7E0.D7sk.2GkWBCm3smFR

13 Likes

Was definitely political.

7 Likes

The whole gun fetishization is a big part of why a young man with an assault rifle was able to get right up to the edge of the zone. Despite reports of some people informing the police, he was still able to move through people with the weapon, because they no longer consider it something notable.

That is how low the NRA and Mitch McConnell have dragged the USA down.

12 Likes

I saw some local law enforcement official on the teevee say it’s a real high gun ownership community, so it’s not all that strange to see someone walking around town carrying a rifle. :confused: :person_facepalming:

17 Likes

Or that more people died on Jan 6th.

2 Likes

How a Failed Assassination Attempt Pushed George Wallace to Reconsider His Segregationist Views

7 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t have any hope for change in Trump’s views or actions.

15 Likes