Trump the Chump (Part 2)

Same, nor for those in his cult.

12 Likes

Couldn’t he afford one that wasn’t ugly? Even if it was the same subject?

10 Likes

To be fair, I think the mind often focuses on simple, concrete things that can be done in the immediate aftermath of a major shock like this.

3 Likes

There isn’t a huge overlap between “actual, talented artists” and “people who will whip out MAGA propaganda at the drop of a hat.”

16 Likes
6 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t go full Margaret Keane.

6 Likes

It would also likely not raise eyebrows outside a Trump rally, as carrying a gun around unnecessarily is as much of a tribal badge as the red hat.

7 Likes

Fat chance of that happening from his side of the aisle

13 Likes

… assassins’ lives are dissected in so much detail that commentators can spin them any way they want

9 Likes

wow, that was fast. good grief.

3 Likes

It is a very rural, conservative county in a very rural, conservative part of the state. There’s an infamous billboard that has made national news a few minutes down route 422 from the farm show grounds.

It’s been discussed here on the BBS as well.

Seeing people with guns is absolutely the norm.

10 Likes

He should do something about that cyst.

7 Likes

Wallace had actual beliefs and principles; shitty ones, obviously, but he believed in things, and had enough capacity for introspection that he could actually change.

Trump is a hollow man, driven by greed and narcissistic thirst for attention. He won’t change his beliefs, because he has none.

12 Likes

Rural PA can be as wingnut as anywhere. Potter County had a huge influx of white supremicists from Idaho; for god’s sake.

11 Likes
6 Likes

I was in the kitchen with my mom. I’d never seen anyone weep before.

Reagan I was in class, elementary school. I thought “damn it, he survived!”

I guess I was already radicalized at age 11!

16 Likes

Seriously. Fuck that guy. He went on a completely unhinged rant saying the Biden campaign was responsible because they keep saying how democracy is on the line, how Trump wants to be a dictator, and how Trump will be the end of America. This kind of rhetoric clearly caused someone to do this according to him.

Not a peep about how Trump said the same things about Biden and said them first, nor anything about the litany of incredibly inflammatory things Trump has said for the past 8+ years that have led to many people dying or going to prison in his name.

16 Likes

Definitely. I have lived my whole life within an hour of Butler. I frequent the farm show grounds for farm show kinds of activities. Being a lefty around here is an uphill battle. It’s surreal to think the same place that hosted the Pittsburgh Ren Faire during its first couple of years is now the location of this mess.

15 Likes

I heard it on the clock radio when I woke up for school. I was a freshman in high school. I dressed all in black w/o even thinking about it, and a classmate said, “I see you’re appropriately attired today.”

No one - students and staff alike - laughed nor smiled all day. Everyone was so quiet. It was so bizarre and sad.

7 Likes

Well, there wasn’t a baby nearby to shield him from the shooter, so…

Him muttering something will not sway his hardcore, and the violence of the act might sway some undecided his way…

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

Kenan Thompson Yes GIF by Paramount+

That doesn’t count! There was no wound to Biden! /s

Yeah, it was an anarchists, though other anarchists like Emma Goldman disavowed his actions…

That’s not gonna happen with Trump…

15 Likes