Trump the Chump (Part 2)

Why would anyone in the crowd or security detail know anything about it either way? Did the Craigslist ad advertise a higher rate for crowd fillers because of the risk of being in the line of fire of an intentionally missed shot?

4 Likes

Gee, I wonder what might be some accurate and appropriate labels for a political leader that only acknowledges elections as legit when they go their way and wants to ā€œfixā€ the ā€œcheatingā€ - authoritarian, dictator, fascist?
No, that canā€™t be it. Those are all histrionic, exaggerated calls for violence and assassinations.

7 Likes
9 Likes

We have had a lot of talk about this at work. Nurse: ā€œIf I dressed a wound like that, I would lose my job!ā€ Other nurse: ā€œYou would think he could afford better care than that!ā€ The medical types find it hilarious, but I suspect itā€™s just emphasizing the horrible, horrible wound he suffered for our sinsā€¦

15 Likes

Trumpmata!

7 Likes

IMG_5053

It was the style at the time

19 Likes

Give me five ear bandages for a ladder-pulling fascist theyā€™d sayā€¦

6 Likes

He probably has a few stitches and doesnā€™t even need a dressing. A bandaid, more likely.

9 Likes

Itā€™s just so weird. I would figure heā€™d let that air out without a bandage because heā€™d think that chicks like scars with an interesting story.

8 Likes

Itā€™s probably not even noticeable from more than a few feet away without the dressing.

10 Likes

Itā€™s clear to see in them, too. Every single interview Iā€™ve seen with one of that manā€™s supporters is just one resentment or conspiracy after another. Not once has one of them said what they stand for besides whining and revenge against perceived slights against Trump.

7 Likes

Yes, and also of course, perceived (and fantasized) slights against people like themselves. I think that at some level, another thing they relate to in him is his narcissism.

8 Likes

I believe it. I couldnā€™t even bring myself to intentionally hate watch any of it, and what little I did see was so incredibly boring and cliched anyway. Just the same tired racist, transphobic, xenophobic, anti-democratic shit as always. Certainly no calls for unity. The talking head coverage has felt so cynically pro Trump with no real analysis or fact checking.

When the gold star parents were marched out to talk about the Afghanistan withdrawal there was not a peep about how Biden was honoring the deal Trump made, or how Trump has said all kinds of horrible things about other gold star families and service members. Almost as if it wasnā€™t worth pointing out Trump only cares about the military when he can use it to boost his profile.

I canā€™t wait for this farce to be over.

8 Likes

bbc pbs GIF by Sherlock

7 Likes

Is anyone watching ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™s speech so I donā€™t have (and am not)? I hear it will be 90 minutes long. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I think :person_shrugging: means ā€œI couldnā€™t care less about itā€?

4 Likes

Hulk Hogan?

Wtf?

4 Likes

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Indeed!

I heard that he was going to speak tonightā€¦ I despise that manā€¦ I grew up watching pro-wrestling, and of course, he was the biggest and most well-known face (good guy) and it turns out, heā€™s the biggest heel of them allā€¦ :rage: I always like WCW/NWA before it got bought out by McMahon and the WWF anywayā€¦

#teamandre

Andre The Giant Sport GIF by WWE

11 Likes

Drive home tonight local NPR had special coverageā€¦ short story shorter I listened to Eric Trump for a few minutes, which I entirely regret. At least now I can thoroughly avoid the last scheduled speaker.

3 Likes

Hulk Hogan?

Didnā€™t Thiel fund that takedown of Gawker? Heā€™s now funded Vance too, a record-breaking $100 million worth. Maybe heā€™s a wannabe kingmaker, pulling all sorts of strings behind the scenes.

4 Likes