Trump to NY: Stop lawsuits against me if you want Global Entry, then he made 'The Godfather' joke

Not revoked, but NY residents with Global Entry will not be able to renew it when it expires unless this is overturned. So eventually it’ll hit everyone with Global Entry in NY.

4 Likes

(source)

6 Likes

Ohhh so he does want to be his own mommy. Probably has major abandonment issues.

8 Likes

I was going to say he’s a mommy’s boy, but you beat me to it.

3 Likes

I heard he’s collecting human skin to make a suite, that way he can be a total motherf…

Oh, I’ll stop there.

3 Likes

with a little shred of your dignity sort of intact.

Sorry, but anyone who voluntarily hands over a copy of their fingerprints to the government has abanonded their dignity.

2 Likes

The byline of 2020 election year.

3 Likes

To be fair, he did say they only have to stop the “unnecessary” lawsuits. All the necessary ones can proceed. That’s all of them, right?

8 Likes

If Trump reverses the Global Entry freeze on New York, Gov. Cuomo said he’ll give immigration agencies access to some driving records from the DMV database

Sounds like “the connected ones” got Cuomo to throw everyone else under the bus just so that Joe and Jackie Big Bucks maintain their fast track through screenings.

3 Likes

Seems like the House of Representatives might as well just impeach him again. It’s not like they’re going to get any legislation through the Weimar senate anyway.

16 Likes

Another violation of the Constitution’s prohibition of Presidential bribery. Bring on the next impeachment.

5 Likes

Good thing this administration has far too much respect for the law to defy a court ruling.

6 Likes

The word “conservative” is meaningless in today’s politics.

2 Likes

nonsense. after all, we’ve still got pete buttigieg and amy klobuchar

9 Likes

Extortion is a felony in all 50 states, just sayin’.

4 Likes

It’s not like there’s a shortage of fresh material to impeach over. The hits keep coming!

2 Likes

I like to think this was Pelosi’s plan all along. She knew the Senate would never convict him but the House went ahead with impeachment anyway, knowing that Dump would be emboldened to commit even bigger crimes after acquittal.

That’s so “Godfather” it just might work!

This situation is not good for the Democrats and it’s not good for America. It might hurt Trump’s election chances in a fair election, but at this point Trump knows they are allowed to cheat in the election.

But also I don’t think Pelosi is an amoral person with no empathy. Pelosi doesn’t want American to suffer. Sure, Pelosi engages in a lot of motivated reasoning to replace rationality and democracy with the interests of big money donors, but I bet Pelosi has to actually rationalize why what they are doing is a good thing before doing it, and there is a limit to that. Pelosi wants to win, but also wants America to still be there when they win.

Regarding the story that Cuomo is willing to play ball: If that's true, then fuck Cuomo. This isn't a negotiation. For god's sake, people have live without their precious Global Entry status.

Either stand firm and say you won’t be bullied, or go hard and expropriate Trump Tower to make more low-income housing.

7 Likes

Even those that were shady or had sexual issues still managed to run the Whitehouse competently. Trump is a complete failure as a boss/manager/judge of character, yet no one seems to make that point in the media

2 Likes