Trump to armed border agents: “If judges give you trouble, say, 'Sorry, judge, I can't do it.'”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/08/trump-to-armed-border-agents.html

Trump told border agents to break U.S. law and ignore judicial orders, CNN reported.

5 Likes

Could this be what contempt of court looks like?

45 Likes

And yet he gets away with it.

When the killing starts will the republicans cheer?

19 Likes

tumblr_ppkwd0NcXP1ujinhho1_540

45 Likes

The president is going and has been going extra-judicial. He has broken the law. The senate has enabled him and the Justice department has been neutered. This is happening right now.

56 Likes

Some will. There will be fewer cheers at the trials of these enablers.

17 Likes

You beat me to it.

17 Likes

Jeebus gorram cripes, the President of the United States telling agents of the Executive branch they can ignore the Judicial. How is this not a Constitutional crisis?

Also, Stephen Miller seriously creeps me out with those dead, dead eyes and lack of any normal human expression.

39 Likes

Hasn’t it happened already?

20 Likes

31 Likes

What do you mean? The Mueller Report has vindicated him. Completely. He can do whatever he wants now.

8 Likes

How is this not impeachable? When the president repeatedly - habitually - orders people to break the law, this seems like a gross violation of his oath of office.

45 Likes

He likely means when they start killing rich, blonde, White folks; y’know, people who actually matter.

/s

SMGDH

​The problem is that for all their claims of “law and order” during the campaign, all 45 and everyone who has/ is enabling him, the law doesn’t actually matter; it’s all about enriching themselves by any means necessary, and all consequences be damned.

28 Likes

Sadly any law is only as effective as the individuals and institutions tasked with enforcing it.

17 Likes

What trials? I see no evidence that such a thing will actually happen. I’m becoming more and more convinced that extra-legal action is the only recourse to stop this administration.

1 Like

I am aware.

However, that’s the message being sent to the entire nation (and the world at large) with every law 45 and his ilk break and face no consequences whatsoever.

You volunteering?

O_o

9 Likes

If the IRS gives you trouble about any “creative accounting” on your tax return, say “Sorry, IRS agent, I can’t pay it.”

Perhaps even just argue that the government is doing “a job that’s not good” and you’re deducting from their contract.

3 Likes

If anyone – ANYONE – In America wanted to take Immigration seriously, they’d just pass a law that if you’re found employing a undocumented worker, you lose your company, you lose your money and you go to jail.

This would, I think, be more effective than any law. Oh,and the funds we seize we use to pay for the path-to-citizenship for any undocumented worker you employed.

I am so tired of people who want to build walls when it is, in fact, easier and cheaper to MAKE rich people follow the law.

26 Likes

The first rule of Fight Club is you don’t talk about Fight Club.

9 Likes

A reason to vote Democrat, to ensure there will be enforcement of the law.

You’re not going to be much help, then, I take it?

3 Likes