Trump to take over official @POTUS Twitter account

@flotus will be retweets from Michelle Obama.

20 Likes

11 Likes

It will be interesting to see how long that lasts. How long can Trump keep his hands off the shiny new power toy?

6 Likes

He doesn’t need it. He has like 7 MILLION more followers than the POTUS account. Why would you use the 2nd best?? It’s like having a new Corvette and then the company you work for gives you a Smart Car for a company car. Thanks, but no thanks.

1 Like

You’d think, but the same goes for being president. He didn’t need to be president. He already has a billions of dollars, gilt palaces that are nicer to live in than the white house and a fleet of aircraft. Trump cares about power, though, and the POTUS account is power. Maybe he won’t use it. Not sure, but we’ll find out soon enough :astonished:

7 Likes

It’s like going from a gold Sharpie and having to use one of the regular black ones. :frowning:

9 Likes

Yeah, but thats not the same thing. Like he has a Corvette but wants a new boat as well. Two different things. The POTUS twitter account does nothing new or better than his current one does. Being President (which I honestly don’t think he though would even happen) is different and has different uses than being a lack luster rich person.

Yeah - thats a good one.

1 Like

Same here, unfollowed it and the White House one, blocked both. Unfollowed the White House Instagram one as well. I don’t want to look at that train wreck for the next year.

5 Likes

i have a calendar item to remind me to unfollow at around 9am tomorrow. he doesn’t take the oath until noon, so hopefully that will work out just fine for me.

anyone want to guess how many followers the account is going to lose before he gets his little hands on it?

5 Likes
11 Likes

I think i’ll pass because i’m sure i’ll hear about it from every god damn news outlet if he so much as wipes his ass and tweets about it.

7 Likes

Damn! I remembered that a lot of was overstated, but not that it was a complete fabrication. Any bets that Trump’s team will try a repeat?

4 Likes

Considering the enduring success of the Bush attempt, it wouldn’t surprise me.

And the media will repeat it just as credulously as the first time.

2 Likes

What gets me the most is hitler had good speech skills where as future pres. has none

3 Likes

Yeah, messes up my whole notion of what it takes to be a successful demagogue and whip up a crowd of relatively normal people into cheers of othering and bigotry.

1 Like

Never followed anywhere, but I just remembered that I get email from the Whitehouse – used Obama’s goodbye email to unsubscribe…

3 Likes

Hang tight. Stick together.

Addendum:
Graphic by Patrick Farley: @blueshifter on Twitter.

23 Likes

After this? I got nothin’.

Clever graphic

More damage than Trumps own tweets would? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes