Trump to Turkey's Erdogan: 'Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool.'

Did he remember to enclose a copy of The Art of the Deal?

3 Likes
18 Likes

What a creepy little film:

This is the first thing I thought of:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, I think Erdogan read that years ago.
And learned a thing or two about dealing with Trump.

1 Like

Oh, cool, Mark Evanier is still alive. I panicked a bit when I saw his name pop up there.

I am shocked nobody within his administration or the WH staff told him that under no circumstances this piece of shit should be printed in official paper and signed and sent

I always thought they let him tweet and give speeches and play golf while in background some with actual brains did the work

This letter is terrifying, really terrifying

8 Likes

The problem is that there are no more adults in the room. Everyone with brains, morals, or a spine has left, or been fired, or never wanted to have anything to do with Trump in the first place.

Yeah, that’s what I expected when Trump was elected. A dumber, crasser, more obviously puppeted version of W., basically. Instead, we got Trump, who can’t be controlled. Manipulated, sure, and with relative ease; but controlled, no. He’s too unstable, too stupid, and too irrational for that.

13 Likes

IIRC General McMaster or one of the other “adults” supposedly averted a diplomatic crisis by stealing a letter that was awaiting Trump’s signature, gambling correctly that the very stable genius wouldn’t notice.

3 Likes

2 Likes
4 Likes

So, like, it has been confirmed this is real, right? I see people are doubting it, claiming he sent A letter, not THIS letter. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, but I want to make sure the mirror is real and uncracked before I force them to stare into it.

ETA - Am I correct that Trish Regan from FOX Business broke this? Has anyone confirmed she had it right?

1 Like

Could be worse; the capitalization and spelling is still correct. It’s so easy to imagine it being stuffed with useless ellipses and unnecessary quotation marks. It feels like someone else tried to help Trump write this, but gave up trying to suggest alternative phrasing because he couldn’t figure out what Trump was trying to say.

Perhaps he was thinking of Han Solo shouting at Jabba the Hut in ROTJ?

6 Likes

Yep, NBC News has the White House confirming it:

4 Likes

Or Taft getting stuck in a bathtub, except that likely never happened.

1 Like

If you haven’t given it a listen yet, do so now.
I’d also love to hear it read aloud as Zapp Brannigan.

2 Likes

“They had to have it cleaned out” is a god-tier passive voice description of ethnic cleansing.

10 Likes

It occurred to me today that Trump thinks this “nasty” letter will work on Erdogan, because it would work on him. He is a pathetic, cowardly, insecure, narcissist that does make major decisions based on whether people will say nice or nasty things about him.

We need to start doing this to trump. If you actually say mean things, his unbelievable power of self-delusion kicks in. But, the threat of saying mean things would absolutely work. Next week I going to write to the obscenity in the oval office to threaten to be mean to him unless …
Nevermind. That plan hinges on trump reading something. Oh well

3 Likes