Turkey's Erdoğan"threw" Trump's threatening letter "in the bin"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/17/turkeys-erdoganthrew-tru.html

2 Likes

Erdogan: “Your nukes are mine now. Come at me bro!”

16 Likes

The world is a reality show now… who would have thunk?

7 Likes

so this is what it looks like for the US (actually just the POTUS) to get schooled by every crackpot leader in the world at the same time. we have become the Washington Generals of world politics. and anyone who could possibly slow this roll has either: A) been fired B) resigned C) angling for power/fortune of their own and/or D) too burnt out by the crazy to care anymore. sure, this would have happened just like this under hilary.

11 Likes

Surprised Erdogan didn’t laugh, then have the letter framed and hung on the office wall.

16 Likes

“But … but why can’t I write ‘You’re fired!’ at the end of the letter?”

7 Likes

He should be impeached for that letter alone under the 25th

31 Likes

anybody know what Trump means in that letter when he says “I have worked hard to solve some of your problems”?

12 Likes

Probably the same thing it meant every time he put it in a letter about a real estate deal he was trying to close in Queens: nothing real.

11 Likes

I’m wondering what “Let’s work out a good deal!” is supposed to mean. Like, this isn’t a real estate purchase. There’s no “deal” to be made. It’s like when you hear a word over and over and it stops meaning anything.

12 Likes

Trump: (incoherent blustering while waving a knife)(drops knife)

Erdogan:

crab%20with%20knife

6 Likes

That there’s some Great and Unmatched Wisdom.

8 Likes

If Erdogan actually did throw it in the trash I assume someone fished it out and it will be on ebay very soon.

7 Likes

When you’re an amoral transactional dilettante, EVERY situation looks like a “deal.”

13 Likes

And with someone whose intellect is completely stunted, every situation looks like a particular kind of deal (in his case, one involved in developing a construction project).

5 Likes

If we look back in a few decades to the mess the USA is this will be one of the cardinal errors since the end of the cold war.

The current total erosion of US soft power started with the blatant lies about WMDs in Iraq and the subsequent war; then dissolving the iraqi army, destabilizing the country and ultimately creating ISIS; now this fuck-up.

“It might be impossible” to repair America’s reputation […] “We might not be able to recover from this.”
Sen. Chris Murphy

9 Likes

Its like Erdogan believes trumps days are numbered and he can ignore him…

2 Likes

Well, yeah. Trump had all the US soldiers removed from Kurdistan, solving a very complicated problem for Erdogan.

9 Likes

Who were the 60?

I also find it funny that they call Pelosi unbecoming in that picture. Which means they think every single mom putting a spoiled brat in their place is also unbecoming.

7 Likes

Make America Great Again!

2 Likes