Trump troll Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart, announces plan to launch own media brand

I haven’t been following this shit-show very closely – there are so many going on – but wasn’t he describing a relationship he had when he was over the age of consent? If so, I don’t think that qualifies as pederasty. Creepy, perhaps…

I defer to your superior wisdom.

There was someone very like him, or the way he presents himself, when I was in college, many years ago. I somehow offended him, unintentionally, and he came round to my room, marched in, and proceeded to tear my character to shreds, then went through just about every book on my bookshelf telling me why only an inferior person would bother reading it, my intellectual pretensions were pathetic, etc. etc. for about half an hour. He was probably right but it wasn’t a fun experience. Like MY, he was a good speaker, very fluent orally and able to shut up slower thinkers even when his arguments were, on reflection, quite wrong. Since then I’ve recognised his behaviour in a number of people with abusive personalities - and managed to give them a wide berth.
He died in his 30s of AIDs. When I was told I found myself thinking that he had been given an enormous talent and wasted it out of a desire to hurt people. Was he abused as a child? I don’t know, because he always insisted he had a perfect childhood.

6 Likes

He has also stated flat-out that he believes that 13-year olds can be mature enough that it’s not pedophilia for an adult to be attracted to them, and that a boy of 13 can learn a lot from being sexually mentored by an older man.

Other videos emerged of him bragging about Hollywood parties he’d been to in which “unspeakable things” were done to “very young boys”, but that’s vague enough that it could mean anything.

12 Likes

Maher has been silent because he was agreeing with Milo. Not a peep out of him since the little shit hit the fan.

He’s been too frightened.

10 Likes

We all know a hell of a lot of ‘family values conservatives’ are pedophile rapists, but you’re not supposed to come out and SAY it, so he’s being jettisoned.

2 Likes

According to Xeni, he resigned. Breitbart doesn’t mind the nazis and child fuckers, it’s the empathetic it hates.

4 Likes

On Muslims, and the transgendered; yeah he was, and that was really shitty to see.

But being ‘pro-kiddie fucking’ is the line, and BM knows it, so yeah, I imagine that he’s a wee bit nervous right about now; his sensationalist ploy could just as easily backfire on him.

4 Likes

Another gay man who survived abuse:

It’s not a free pass.

4 Likes

Allegedly some staffers threatened to quit if he didn’t go:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/mutiny-some-breitbart-staffers-threaten-to-walk-unless-site-gives-milo-yiannopoulos-the-boot/

11 Likes

Given the shit they (breitbart) regularly post, that…strikes me as a touch of the dog being wagged instead of the other way 'round.

12 Likes

Well, without an asshole, you can’t poop, right! :wink:

I doubt that, actually. Sounds more like he had some serious insecurities of his own that made him feel that he had to tear down others in order to make himself feel better, much like MY. The fact that MY was on Bill Maher’s show arguing that Transgendered people regularly engage in predatory sexual acts (especially against little girls) and has himself advocated for sexual abuse of tween boys indicates that he is either in need of some mental health intervention or is just a huge jerk who gets off on hurting others. Maybe both who knows.

I honestly feel that talent can be tainted by bad behavior. And honestly, I don’t think that MY is even that talented. He can say shocking things and get attention. Big whoop.

12 Likes

Being pressured to quit is on par with being fired, except more demoralizing.

9 Likes

I hear NAMBLA’s hiring.

5 Likes

I hear there’s an opening since this guy retired.

4 Likes

Love that this was actually a DEBATE??? What? Who is like, yeah, let’s keep the pedophile???

11 Likes

I hate that toy.

3 Likes

It’s grating quality reminded me of him.

But - I understand. I hear a new dancing monkey is needed.

6 Likes

It just keeps banging on those meaningless cymbals…

6 Likes

Pointlessness aside, the overall design is just creepy as fuck.

3 Likes

Anything that gets him attention.

5 Likes