Trump upset at Musk's lies

Nah, he’s more of a Futurist and those folk are scary as fuck.

14 Likes

Reading a scary sci-fi novella doesn’t make someone into a heroic activist.

If we take Elon at his word that putting AI in charge of things could lead to humanity’s downfall then we should hate him even more since he is one of the people working to make humanity ever more dependent on AI.

20 Likes

He does not envisage any sort of future I want.

11 Likes

I like the idea of a solar powered future - that’s at least one of his visions I support.

2 Likes

At least as far as I personally am concerned, I hate Elon Musk as a concept far more than the actual man. Sure, he is an ass and he is overly full of himself, but so are millions upon millions of others. What I resent is that countless horrible people worship him for all the wrong reasons, showing everyone what they value and how they think the world works. I hate a society that allows an Elon Musk to prosper.

16 Likes

It would be great, if it weren’t in the service of benefiting one particular asshat. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

“So he’s another bullshit artist.”
There you go. Hair Furor admits he’s a bullshit artist. Or maybe it’s just a case of “It takes one to know one”.

4 Likes

There are MANY people other than Musk who share that vision, and a lot did so long before Musk made money with the PayPal merger.

19 Likes

1 Like

Last week on Le Show, Harry Shearer called Musk “Trump for Nerds” (while Trump is “Trump for everyone else”).

9 Likes

Greens should appreciate electric vehicles, but it’s hard to imagine them loving someone whose factories consistently fail environmental standards. Maybe the libertarians might still take him in.

I wonder if that’s all this really is, Trump is unhappy to think that Musk didn’t vote for him, and the rest is his usual attempt to find anything to justify it. Like how he despises wind turbines because they cause cancer and kill birds and whatever else, but actually because they were going to build some by his golf course.

15 Likes

And people who actually want to create a sustainable future would be promoting efficient mass transit systems that aren’t built around individual privately-owned automobiles instead of solutions like “if we bore more tunnels through this city we ought to be able to pack a few more traffic lanes in.”

16 Likes

His Solar City scam was functionally the opposite of working towards a solar powered future. Musk is just Lyle Lanley in real life.

10 Likes

This image reminds me of Cheech Wizard. The drool is a nice touch.

6 Likes

Checking in with Ben Garrison, it’s mildly interesting to note that he’s still siding with Musk. Will he continue to do so if the Shiatgibbon keeps up with the slagging?

2 Likes

It’s interesting that Trump supports all sorts of people who previously denounced him (e.g. JD Vance) - the secret is that however they felt about him, that they pretend to support him now. Musk recently admitting to not having voted for Trump after having (supposedly) told him he did is offensive to Trump - but if it had gone the opposite way, where Musk previously admitted to not having voted for him, but now said he did, Trump probably would have been fine with it.

Oh, absolutely. Trump wanted to believe that Musk supported/voted for him (whatever Musk actually said to him, which I suspect wasn’t that), and now Musk has destroyed that fantasy with this admission. Trump can’t excuse that.

Yeah, Tesla’s “big innovation” amounted to selling their cars as high-performance luxury vehicles. That was something that appealed to technophiles more than environmentalists. People wanting an electric vehicle (for whatever reason) ended up as customers more due to a lack of viable choices from other manufacturers. Creating a sustainable future never really came into the picture except as an afterthought / side-effect to creating vertical monopolies. Part of it may be a lack of imagination (and unwillingness to learn) on Musk’s part, but really I think his goal isn’t “sustainable future” but just “more of the same, but with shinier toys.”

16 Likes

“because he makes cars that don’t depend on fossil fuels,”

Correction: He bought into a company that makes cars that don’t depend on fossil fuels. See:

12 Likes

perhaps it’s not “disproportionate” at all, and it would be obvious that we don’t like those other people either if they were in the news more often

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure that a goodly number of Tesla/SpaceX employees have a proportionate level of hate for Elon and – having worked under him – are manifestly in a position to fairly judge the true man.

12 Likes

ICWYDT

5 Likes