Trump used $258,000 from charity to settle lawsuits involving his for-profit businesses

Trump is the abscess, not the pathogen. The friendly, festering face of our malady.

14 Likes

It don’t matter. They’ll still vote for him.

6 Likes

Hell, at this point I wouldn’t be surprised by undead underage hookers in the basement.

12 Likes

Well… he claims to be a billionaire. Most likely his net worth is in the millions or tens of millions. Still enough that he could have paid the money himself, but then there’s the greed you mentioned to account for.

15 Likes

Greedy :heavy_check_mark:
Lazy :heavy_check_mark:
Unorganized :heavy_check_mark:

In short:

#Yes

13 Likes

He’s self evaluated his net worth in the billions. Both net worth and self-evaluated are red flags to how much liquid assets he actually has.

8 Likes

There was a word for this back in the days when mortgage lending was going off the rails: Stated-Income. It was also known as a Liar’s Loan. It tanked the economy.

7 Likes

#BUT THE EMAIL SERVER!!! 

12 Likes

The walls won’t stand unless the mortar is mixed with the blood of the workers. Duh!

7 Likes

I also…

*looks at word-a-day calendar*

con-cur.

3 Likes

How is this not embezzlement?

“C” FELONIES

Examples include: Grand Larceny in the Second Degree (NY PL 155.40) for thefts such as Embezzlement in excess of $50,000, but equal to or less than $1 million, Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Second Degree (NY PL 165.52) for similar thefts and Mortgage Fraud in the Second Degree (NY PL 187.20).
First time offenders face no minimum sentence, but as much as five to fifteen years in prison. Alternate sentences include probation, probation coupled with jail, community service, fines and a conditional discharge.
Predicate felons face a minimum of three and one half to seven years and a maximum of seven and one half to fifteen years in state prison.

8 Likes

It goes back farther than that. Ronald Reagan used the phrase “card carrying liberal” to evoke the old Red Menace days of the “card carrying communist”. Then Newt Gingrich poured jet fuel on everything, treating everyone across the aisle as an enemy. It was about that time that representatives stopped socializing across party lines for fear of looking like traitors.

Actually, you could also say this is the predictable outcome of Nixon’s ‘southern strategy’ of courting dixiecrats who were pissed off by the Civil Rights Act.

9 Likes

The Washington Post is the seat of the Devil and pure lies to a hardened trump supporter, so sadly, I don’t think this will do too much damage to him unless he is indicted, where he will scream unfair treatment in comparison to crooked Hillary.

1 Like

Reagan also oversaw the death of the FCC’s Fairness Doctrine (though to be fair he initially opposed overturning it), allowing the creation of Fox News, started by his former media consultant Roger Ailes, as well as creating the conditions for proliferation of extremist right-wing AM talk radio hosts like Limbaugh, which helped the polarization along.

6 Likes

Does it matter?

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible,” --Donald Trump

While it might result in the death of an innocent, I would still be interested in seeing him put this idea to the test.

2 Likes

Not really, those were actually a relatively small percentage of the loans. What tanked the economy was the shenanigans the banks were pulling behind the scenes until they got too greedy and “de-primed the pump”.

3 Likes

Was it full of skittles!?

6 Likes

Butbutbut money is fungible, right? I mean, that’s practically the definition of money. Given that, who cares what account it came from. The fine got paid, the unworthy charities got their blood money, and the world continued turning. So, really, there’s nothing to see here.

Also: POISON SKITTLES!

3 Likes

Plot twist! The target is Don Drumpf Jr.

3 Likes

First, they won’t indight Clinton for Whitewater. Next they won’t indict her for Benghazi. Next they won’t indict her for WhiteBenghaziEmailGate. Now they won’t even indict her for Trump’s actions either. There’s definitely a crime this time.

7 Likes