Judge orders Trump to pay $2m over misuse of charity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/judge-orders-trump-to-pay-2m.html

9 Likes

34 Likes

This is just like that time the Clinton Foundation was found guilty of misappropriating funds except that in this case it actually happened outside of a neoconservative’s fever dream.

41 Likes

Odds of this $2M being paid are slim to none.

24 Likes

13 Likes

So, the paintings of himself that he bought with charity funds for apprx 42k must be sold and have been appraised at $975.00 (Both) according to IRS filings.

Shrewd investor he was.

25 Likes

That judge was probably a never-Trumper, therefore his opinion doesn’t count.

11 Likes

tenor-6

10 Likes

In a sane world this would be such a moral stain on the President that it would be grounds for his party forcing him out.

Also, anybody wanna bet whether Trump is still well into the black on this deal having made far more than $2m on the “charity?”

13 Likes

The thing that gets me is that his misuse of the charity was WELL document before the election. I don’t know why anybody thought that he would treat the US Treasury any differently than he treated the charity. It’s all just another piggybank for him to use.

21 Likes

Interesting how this isn’t being reported to be much of a big deal, probably in comparison to other stuff he’s done recently its not that important but it does clearly show how corrupt he is. Also surprised that the charity wasn’t stripped of its status or anything of the sort.

10 Likes

It is being dissolved. In fact he TRIED to dissolve it when this first became an issue during the campaign, but the judge wouldn’t let him until all the facts were in. The issue wasn’t what would happen to the charity, but how big the fine would be.

23 Likes

Good to know, i think that’s pretty relevant info

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s my suspicion…

5 Likes

Whatever will he do? He doesn’t have that kind of mo… (ahem)…

5 Likes

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

5 Likes

ds9-quark-shocked

6 Likes

This browser extension is a good alternative to the Drumpfinator that I’ve had installed for a long time…

12 Likes

Quite fun indeed

FlaMan

14 Likes

Which makes this obligatory.

3 Likes