Trump waives criminal punishments for convicted banks, including Deutsche Bank, to whom he owes $130,000,000-$300,000,000

I understand Trump’s motivation, he’s crooked to the core. What was Obama’s reason for giving them a pass?

1 Like

nationalized

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for the handy BB Maker how-to guide. It’ll be interesting to see how they incorporate the Raspberry Pi controller for the 3D printed blade. I’ve heard there might be a way to use a ukulele as the trigger.

8 Likes

When you catch a man robbing a bank, he’ll go to prison for 20 years. When you catch a bank robbing all the men, the CEO will bet a bonus.

8 Likes

Make the guillotine red again!

4 Likes

Is there an on-line course so I can learn to use it?

4 Likes

If banks stick with the status quo on this one, they’ll end up trumping Trump. That is, they’ll take the waiver, and they’ll still make him pay up!

1 Like

Hey! That sounds like a good reason to riot! :fire:

1 Like

Ah, good old Deutsche Bank…
They have their HQ here in Frankfurt. I actually worked as a temp for them a few years ago, guess what, behind their gleaming 1980s-ish keiretsu facade they are a shitshow of nepotism and incompetence. They wasted money on stupid shit and tried to save money by cutting essentials. I was glad when this gig was over. Their cafeteria was average at best too.

6 Likes

I have to admit to a bit of a spot for Deutsche Bank if only for the outrage they caused in one of my posher acquaintances when they decided that he wasn’t rich enough to have a personal account with them during their purge of poor people some years back.

For some reason he took it very personally.

3 Likes

What is the burgling of a bank to the founding of a bank?

Brecht/Weill, The Threepenny Opera, Act 3, scene 3 (Macheath). 1928.

Just business as usual.
Nothing to see here, move along.

1 Like

Oh yes, I remember this.
It was hilarious!

They split the brand (is this the correct term in marketing speak?) into Deutsche Bank and Bank 24; the latter being the “sorry, you are not rich enough” consumer branch.
They rolled it back quite fast (after spending a considerable amount of money on the scheme), but until the introduction of the IBAN system you could tell from the BLZ who’s account once was allocated to Bank 24 if you knew what to look for. Priceless.

2 Likes

Perfect match for the Orange Dumpster, I see. Two peas in a pod.

1 Like

/side-eye

1 Like

I would settle for “reasonably clean”.
Not sure whether that’s still a too high bar, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.