Trump wants guns everywhere except at his appearances

Originally published at: Trump wants guns everywhere except at his appearances | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Hypocrisy continues to be a core GOP value.

26 Likes

He probably has no say in the matter, as an ex-president the Secret Service still has to protect him.

Remember on Jan. 6th he wanted the metal detectors removed, he knew why his followers really brought the guns that day. Although I still wonder if now he’s getting paranoid, knowing just how unhinged his followers are-- I totally expect there’s someone out there willing to act on a conspiracy like “that’s not the real Trump, it’s an alien replicant” or wherever their rabbit hole has taken them.

5 Likes

Ah, the comments. “Well, of course not. Secret Service has it covered.”

“So, there are situations where gun rights can be legitimately curtailed, is what you’re saying?”

“…”

20 Likes

But if guns are outlawed from the event, then only outlaws will…oh my god.

14 Likes

“I was proud to be the most pro-gun, pro-Second Amendment president you’ve ever had in the White House,”

Trump doesn’t give two shits about the 2nd Amendment. Ironically thanks to his EO, he enacted more restrictions than Obama did. It’s absurd he was at the NRA convention. :confused:

9 Likes

I, for one, don’t want to have to see a Secret Service member take a bullet for that lying orange fascist.

13 Likes

They found it necessary to carry guns near Obama when he was President.

6 Likes

Well, didn’t both the NRA and Trump receive substantial support from the same source?

Agent #1, “SHOOTER!”
Agent #2, “DUCK!”

7 Likes

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

“But the Secret Service is the government which you think you need a gun to overthrow at a time of your choosing. What happens if the Secret Service needs overthrowing right now?”

2 Likes

Current office holders can’t opt out of Secret Service protection, but former Presidents can. In fact Richard Nixon did just that in 1985.

If Trump wanted to he could send the Secret Service packing tomorrow and rely on private security guards to look after his personal safety, but he obviously won’t because he’s both a cheapskate and a coward.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.