Trump wants to buy Greenland. The country

Cover one eye, and you’ll get the jist. Either eye will do.

I covered my bronze eye but nothing happened. Oh wait something’s happening

4 Likes

See, I told you.

2 Likes

Yeah hyperbole and Trump and all, but I for one think it’s an interesting idea. It’ll be green in 20 years, shipping, resources, defense… There is a multinational scramble for resources and claims to land up north right now…

4 Likes

Like everything, this is also being framed as “maybe a joke,” which is insane, like everything else about this presidency.

Are you saying his presidency is a joke or insane? Yes? Oh ok. Carry on.

12 Likes

Why not bothes? Bothes = more than two, like three or four or more…

tenor-2

11 Likes

30 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

33 Likes

29 Likes

Huh. I wonder why Russia wants Greenland?

25 Likes

Greenland the country? Greenland isn’t a country.

8 Likes

The same reason most things are being done as of late. Too facilitate the acquisition of money and property for Trump, and to help him and his spawn build hotels.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve long thought Greenland will soon become the new Riviera. What a development opportunity!

5 Likes

As long as we make it a state of the union, securing 2 more democratic senators I’m cool with it.

4 Likes

You’re spot on. I suspect he was half-paying attention to a briefing about Arctic claims disputes. The US has limited claims (insofar as any of this climate change-ignoring posturing is legitimate) relative to other northern nations.

https://www.economist.com/sites/default/files/images/print-edition/20141220_IRM937.png

12 Likes

Social Democrats, more likely…

3 Likes

did anyone bother to tell him it’s not for sale?

11 Likes

The article I saw claimed he was interested in the natural resources and liked the legacy of adding a state to the union. What a buffoon.

5 Likes

13 Likes