Trump wants to buy Greenland. The country

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/trump-wants-to-buy-greenland.html

Trump said to have floated idea of buying ice-covered autonomous Danish territory between North Atlantic and Arctic oceans

5 Likes

Um… why?

(I’d read the article but I don’t want to enrich Rupert Murdoch, as he’s a piece of shit)

30 Likes

ned-stark-facepalm

30 Likes

Greenland still has ice?

15 Likes

If any other president had proposed this, I’d think there might be some merit. We bought Alaska after all.

My first thought about Trump is that he’s looking for lots of prison space to house “illegals” in a super-sized Guantanamo.

16 Likes

Greenland will be the future Hawaii of the North. He’s on to something.

… wait, fuck him!

20 Likes

As soon as that climate change that isn’t happening happens it just might be

11 Likes

Trump’s folly?

4 Likes

58 Likes

Some of his advisers have supported the concept, saying it was a good economic play, two of the people said, while others dismissed it as a fleeting fascination that will never come to fruition

Two different ways of understanding that your boss is a spoiled 12-year-old boy.

29 Likes

With access to Top Secret weather models. :wink:

8 Likes

Mr. Trump is scheduled to make his first visit to Denmark early next month, although the visit is unrelated, these people said.

I’m pretty sure Denmark is going to make sure it’s related in rather strong terms after this report…

21 Likes

A gif is worth a thousand words!

8 Likes

By a show of hands: Who’s tired of this mofo tRump?

42 Likes

He was told he could collect the whole set: Greenland, Fairwayland, and Bunkerland. It will be Mar-a-Lago II

20 Likes

So he does believe in climate change.

24 Likes

23 Likes

In keeping with the resurgence of nostalgic cold war craziness maybe we could quietly stash a bunch of nukes there?

5 Likes

I get the idea, but what I’m seeing here is “vote as if you were a victim of the government”, except Republicans already do vote that way, and it’s the whole problem.

4 Likes

It’s a stronger claim to new Arctic shipping lanes if we held both Greenland and Alaska. Once you melt the ice caps.

Also:

24 Likes