NYT: Trump inquired about adding his face to Mount Rushmore

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/10/nyt-trump-inquired-about-addi.html

7 Likes

:face_vomiting:

28 Likes

Mount Flushmore.

25 Likes

John Barron, John Miller, Carolin Gallego, or David Dennison probably did. *

27 Likes

I love how he truly seems to believe he’s achieved anything (positive) during his time in office.

So deluded.

33 Likes

In the weeks leading up to the event, Ms. Noem went on Laura Ingraham’s show on Fox News to make clear she was expecting to “have a large event” for the president and would not require social distancing or masks.

10 Likes

I do not condone terrorism or violence. But if they ever managed to get his face enshrined on Mount Rushmore, I’d see it as no less my duty as a citizen of earth and a supporter of indigenous rights to find a way to obliterate the entire monument. It’s already an egregious enough offense as it is.

Note: never elect me, I’d promise to turn over all national parks and monuments to the remaining indigenous tribes for their use and ownership. I think they’d manage them far more wisely than we ever have, and without the need to destroy beauty for the sake of ego aggrandizement.

16 Likes

The ass end of the mountain right?

12 Likes
9 Likes

Holy heck! I was just about to come here and post this exact comment. You win for me sleeping in.

3 Likes

Send him your illustration.
And an invoice.

6 Likes

Nah…Mt. Rushmore is too remote. Let’s suggest to him that we just remove the Statue of Liberty from New York harbor and replace it with a Trump baby statue? Or a giant fiberglass replica of the naked Trump statue that is so charming? Or maybe a Trump golfing statue? He would go for that.

2 Likes

That is exactly how a lot of “Wall Builders” got their first government contracts.

2 Likes

Of fucking course he fucking did!

Beyond fucking parody.

5 Likes

Chocolate Starfish Pass

pursed-lips

7 Likes

oh come on, like we all haven’t dreamed of adding rosa parks’` MY face to the mount rushmore

6 Likes

Keep in mind, he also thought injecting disinfectant was a good idea.

3 Likes

Here, use this one.

9 Likes

17 Likes

You want your face on Mount Rushmore? Sure, we can do that.

8de6a551120a9d373cd1419acd6fae30

9 Likes