Trump resembles traitor Benedict Arnold in GOP-promoted portrait

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/29/trump-resembles-traitor-benedict-arnold-in-gop-promoted-portrait.html

5 Likes

I hear the canvas subtracts 100lbs or so…

29 Likes

Such a self-own that they continue to cling to that image considering

1. the Kraken was in the service of the bad guys, and
  2. it was defeated with nothing more than a withering stare.
36 Likes

I disagree, I don’t think he looks like Benedict Arnold much in this painting. Very different poses, styles, outfits, etc. to my untrained eye.

Definitely an over the top portrait, which would surely be considered great self-parody if the GOP understood the concept.

20 Likes

I like that the Sidney Powell portrait shows her weighing the Constitution and finding it comes to nothing.

14 Likes

She’s no Jon McNaughton, but I’m sure her pieces make Putin smile.

7 Likes

Watch out, you orange fucker! There’s an eagle behind you!

38 Likes

My paints and brushes are calling out to me from the back of the closet. There are rubes who need fleecing and they’re not particular about quality.

30 Likes

Is that set before or after Trump captured the British airports?

28 Likes

So this would be right before he shoots his own balls off, right? 'Cause I want the “after” pic!

23 Likes

Well, compared to any number of gunbunny pics, they at least depicted him with a modicum of trigger discipline.

9 Likes

Imagine being pleased, delighted or inspired by this. Imagine what the world view is like.

11 Likes

this is slanderous to benedict arnold, who was a revolutionary war hero who switched sides only after being grievously overlooked by washington.

10 Likes

I imagine it contains many curio cabinets full of hummel figurines.

Oh…and a partially complete Franklin Mint Civil War chess set…

13 Likes

Mmmmm; it looks like the blue coat with yellow or buff trim may have been standard; here’s George Washington, and it’s likely the Washington reference is more likely what they were going for

16 Likes

No, I think I will have to decline that offer. There are dark and scary places I just choose not to go.

13 Likes

Yep… that’s why they call 'em uniforms.

9 Likes

I thought Jon McNaughton was the official Trump painter…

13 Likes

@knoxblox We may need to commission you for another portrait. Do you do parodies?

5 Likes

That’s true. I mean the period of the outfits is the same, so there’s a similarity.

2 Likes