Trump wants to fire DNI Dan Coats, eliminate 'unnecessary' Office of Director of National Intelligence: Axios

Karl Rove Rages Against AOC for Comment About Getting Rid of DHS: ‘Moronic, Stupid, Naive, Dumb’

Not sure how the two governmental organizations compare.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s the Federalist Society prompting and directing this downward spiral.

2 Likes

This actually seems like a great idea considering that the ODNI was only formed in 2004. Seems about as necessary as the NSA, DHS, and the TSA.

1 Like

I would assume the primary principle being referred to is the preservation of the military-industrial complex, especially its profit- and jingoism-generating elements.

As with preserving their other core cherished principles of “free” trade and cheap immigrant labour, the GOP establishment seems to have punked out due to a combination of delusion (“we can control the far right, anydayrealsoonnow”) and fear (“what if the Know-Nothing Frankenstein’s monster we created turns on us?”)

2 Likes

Are those ends or means?

Both. They’re self-sustaining and self-re-inforcing systems, where the some of the increased profits and jingoism are fed back in to make them grow.

From that viewpoint, another part of what seems to be happening now is that more establishment conservatives have decided to cash out of that cycle, leaving an open field for the protectionist and isolationist “America First” far-right.

The Democrats are not in power, and that’s the problem.

Our National Intelligence has gone way down since Dolt45 took office. I heard that He does not read the daily intelligence reports anyway.
Tweets yes, Intelligence no.

3 Likes

I ambivalate. ODNI like TSA is indeed an extra layer – yet Tramp chooses to ignore the world’s most costly intel corps. Yes, Tramp is obviously Putin’s puppy, working for US destruction. But I dunno if ODNI was/is effective in detecting and blocking subversion. Sort of how we have no idea of TSA’s effectiveness because they don’t release numbers. Killing ODNI seems a good+bad idea. Argh.

Beat me too it!

1 Like

…Fools seldom differ.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

… the Democrats collectively lack gorm, hap, feck, spine, and ball. And they crush any Dem who shows some.

2 Likes

“I’m not a member of any organized political party. I’m a Democrat.”
–W.Rogers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.