Jen Psaki's responds to Doocy's question about executive privilege by reminding him that Trump incited an insurrection

Originally published at: Jen Psaki's responds to Doocy's question about executive privilege by reminding him that Trump incited an insurrection | Boing Boing

12 Likes

You’d think he’d get tired of the beatdowns. But I get that it’s performative for him.

26 Likes

Am I correct in assuming that, at broadcast time, Faux just shows this dopey nepotism poster child’s stupid question but not her snappy answer? If so, does Doocy just describe her answer is whatever misleading way he likes? I’m curious, but not enough to give that garbage outlet any ratings support.

25 Likes

I think he’s a man in search of a good professional domme. Psaki humiliates him so mercilessly that it scratches that itch.

18 Likes

“When I grow up I want to be humiliated by Jen Psaki.”

14 Likes

From the closed captioning on the video starting at 1:12, where ‘he’ refers to President Biden, Doocy said “He was asked if the DOJ should prosecute people who defied January 6th committee subpoenas and he did not say I will let the Justice Department decide he said yes.”

That’s not breaking his promise, it’s an expression of his opinion. “yes” is not an order to the DOJ to prosecute. If President Biden had stated “Yes, and I’ve ordered the DOJ to prosecute” that would break his promise. But that sounds like a more eloquent version of something Donald Trump would have said.

8 Likes

So Doocy’s attempted “gotcha!” here centers on the premise that Biden is a big fat hypocrite if he even has opinions on whether criminal acts should be prosecuted, regardless of whether he communicates those opinions to the DoJ?

22 Likes

Right. “I promise not to order the Department of Justice to do things just because I want them done” is not equivalent to “I promise that I don’t want the Department of Justice to do anything.”

13 Likes

The cynicism is ingrained. In Trumpworld, advocating for justice always a self serving lever of power. Just the premise of the question should give shivers.

4 Likes

Doocy answers his own question. We all saw what happened on live TV, the Justice Department doesn’t have to prove that happened. This is a far cry from claiming something happened (a massive hack of voting machines not even connected to the internet, bamboo ballots shipped in from China, etc.) that have been disproven.

7 Likes

Exactly. answering “yes” to the question “should X do Y?” is not an order telling X to do Y. It’s merely a statement that one believes X should do Y.

8 Likes

“Yes” is a perfectly cromulent answer to the question “Should Peter Doocy jump off a cliff?” but it is not a command to Doocy to jump.

9 Likes

From what I’ve seen, they “give context” before showing the answer and the response then cut back to Doocy mocking Psaki for giving the expected reasonable response.
Ghouls

2 Likes

Trump fans see this type of exchange as a victory for Doochey. If you read the YouTube comments for some of these videos, people are praising him for not being afraid to “call her out” on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…breath…ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

7 Likes

Two fingers of Red Eye, Bartender!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.