Jen Psaki pops Doocy's bubble when he asks why Biden doesn't venture to the border

Originally published at: Jen Psaki pops Doocy's bubble when he asks why Biden doesn't venture to the border | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Great answer! I always think that about these photo op visits. I get sometimes they’re needed to draw attention to an issue, but they pull a lot of local resources away from their regular work, and they mean the politicians aren’t doing the policy work that could potentially solve these problems.

29 Likes

i honestly don’t know how she maintains her cool and does this every day. i mean, yes, she’s a pro and an adult, but it seriously would make me lose my shit to deal with that guy every day.

28 Likes

Can she please just be the equivalent of benevolent dictator for life for press secretary? She is just everything that job should be, she does it so well; you couldn’t ask for anything better than her.

10 Likes

I have no interest in visiting alt-right sources to check for myself, but I idly wonder if anybody’s yet floating the theory that Doocy is a false flag operation by the libs to make Real Patriots look stupid?

11 Likes

Imeach Doocy!

12 Likes

The answer is, YES. Psaki has engaged the Woman Warrior Mode, need evidence, just stay tuned.

giphy

13 Likes

I’d love to see a report summarizing how members of Congress have spent most of their time during the past few years. We could call it a performance evaluation, just for fun… :wink:

21 Likes

“Performance”, got it or lack there of.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly, although in a lot of ways he’s like the idiot nepotism poster child a lot of people have no choice but to suffer in their own workplaces. At least she’s able to have some fun with this moron.

10 Likes

The right manipulates the very real need for the President to show empathy and urgency in emergency situations by drawing these false equivalencies with their pet outrages to not so subtly imply inaction.

Meanwhile…

16 Likes

Aren’t paper towels how you clean up after torrential flooding? “The quicker picker upper” and all that? /s

10 Likes

It’s all a show, a production.

And it’s not left or right, it’s power vs powerless.

3 Likes

Deuce ain’t really there for the hunting now, is he?

2 Likes

Ugh, so we’re just pretending Biden’s immigration and border policies are good (or substantially different from Trump’s) and it’s bad when he’s questioned on them, then?

1 Like

It is substantially different to be federally protected on the US side of the border in comparison to being vulnerable to much more lawlessness in cartel territory on the Mexico side. Not that Mexico’s situation is their own fault, but that’s what exists in the moment, and refugees --especially unaccompanied minors – need protection from that. Even sitting in the lifeboat is better than swimming among the sharks.

Separating children from their parents at the border was a Trumpian policy cooked up by Miller, Bannon, et al and is a return to the fascist policies that many USians want to direct our efforts to deal with immigration issues away from, and a straight line path to white supremacist fascism that hearkens back to our own past, which many people not caught in the Q web would not like to repeat.

10 Likes

No, question him endlessly. Ask him why we are violating human rights at the border. Ask about the racist disparities in treatment in the enforcement of our northern and southern borders. But really, asking why he doesn’t do a photo op and frown in with his shirt sleeves rolled up walking around in Texas is silly and should be treated as such.

12 Likes

No, we’re not. We’re just not critiquing the policies (as Doocy does) in this empty, superficial, and hypocritical way based on the underlying assumption that the real problem is that they’re not as harsh and cruel as those of the preening and camera-hungry Former Guy.

8 Likes

Great, now do her telling America that border guards whipping Haitians were just ‘implementing laws’.

Well, 90% of what any politician does in a day is a performance as opposed to actual work, so it does fit. Maybe we should do a Results Review instead? :wink: