Trump wants US drug laws to be more like China, where dealers are executed

Dr Feelgood, perhaps.

2 Likes

Careful, Donny. You know what other crime they execute people for?

(It’s corruption)

9 Likes

As long as he can join the international strongman club, he admires it. I don’t have to guess what he thinks about wanting to emulate this:

10 Likes

Trump was a drug dealer, reportedly. Former business associates talked about the various “gifts” Trump provided in the '80s, and Trump went to bat for his personal pilot after he got caught smuggling cocaine… (And more recently, drug cartels laundered money through buildings with the Trump name on them.)

Trump, as always, counts on not being held accountable for what he’s done in the past. (Or course, he’s never thinking about people like him being accountable in the first place…)

11 Likes

There are literally millions of people reported to use recreational drugs in China.

Global Burden of Disease estimates:

Or, prefer your data local do ya? What about this meta-analysis, from… wait… The Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology?!

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)33152-5/

Pick your poison. Not your facts.

5 Likes

Trump, who’s mentioned publicly 27 times that he might not leave office, sure has a boner for killing people.

9 Likes

Does he even realize he’d be killing off his privatization cronies’ income source by not simply imprisoning drug dealers?

5 Likes

Or, if they’re a pal, instead of execution, they get a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

4 Likes

Start with the Sacklers and you have my momentary attention.

6 Likes

If he wanted to reduce drug use he could leave the office.

3 Likes

And he does seem to be the master of projection

1 Like

Thank you Doc for taking all the ouchies away!

Lambie for President! Cuddles for all!

As far as I know Rush Limbaugh was never a drug dealer, he is just an addict who did so many opiods that his ears stopped working until he got a cochlear implant to restore his hearing.

I imagine that must have been especially devastating considering how deeply in love the nazi bastard is with the sound of his own voice.

8 Likes

Yeah, funny how “execution after a quick but fair trial” is never proposed to discourage official corruption, especially not by the people who keep saying that all politicians and political appointees, whom we trust with the power to do a lot more public damage than a mere drug dealer, are corrupt. The way they tell it, that sounds like a really serious problem that needs some equally serious discouragement, no?

3 Likes

“A fair but quick trial,” and, lucky, the government makes no mistakes, so everything will be very good, very fast, and certainly very easy; don’t you worry your pretty little head over it. That’s what the leader (and his handpicked only-the-best-people) does for you. You just keep on keeping on, reap the fat rewards, and leave it all to the leader.

Christ man, this shit could not illustrate the mantra and appeal of fascism better if it tried!

4 Likes

I doubt he could put together a definition of addiction, or almost any word for that matter, and you would be unable of making him care. Also, he’s probably addicted to cocaine and/or prescription methamphetamines.

I did find it amusing that when people started pointing out that when a NYC “real estate developer” from the '80s is tweeting cofveve at 3am every morning probably had one meaning and Trump immediately starts on about, “Hillary should be drug tested!” and the Hillary people are suddenly all “Ixnay on the Ugsdray!”. Pretty much everyone in a position of power in the US (world) is strung out on prescription uppers 24/7.

5 Likes

This. The Chinese government’s approach to the drug problem is similar to their way of handling new diseases, i.e. punishing people who mention the problem.

1 Like

I left the states five years ago and I’m not really one hundred percent sure that anything after 2015 actually happened.

3 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.