Trump says he's "most excited" about the death penalty for drug dealers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/15/trump-says-hes-most-excite.html

3 Likes

Going to be one of those news days isn’t it.

31 Likes

It’s also telling that Trump takes President Xi Jinping’s claim that there is “no drug problem in China” at face value. This is a country that spent decades asserting that the number of HIV-positive people in China was zero.

40 Likes

It’s almost as if he’s speaking to his mother: “Look ma, I’m doing things!”

11 Likes

I think he’s channeling Philippines’ Duterte there.

32 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if that includes the Sackler family, and why exactly it doesn’t?

35 Likes

Foreign leaders must be believed at face value, apparently. Didn’t Putin claim there are no homosexuals in Russia? Seems legit!

15 Likes

24 Likes

It cannot be said enough that Trump took out a full page newspaper ad to call for the death penalty, for people who were later exonerated.

He has shown himself okay with killing innocent black people, on this one incident alone.

45 Likes

What’s “the dealth penalty”?

I’d post the obligatory “Top of the world, ma!” scene, but it’s too depressingly close to this shitty reality.

15 Likes

Trump is the national emergency.

36 Likes

Yeah, it’s not the most offensive part of what he says but it’s equally counterfactual. China totally has a drug problem. China does not talk about the drug problem, but I don’t doubt that what with Trump having the mind of a small child, he believes that China has no drug problem because “all the baddies are locked up tight.”

14 Likes

Well, he’s working to make that dream come true, at least!

Horrific /S

3 Likes

You have watch television with Trump every evening.

2 Likes

You mean because “all the baddies were executed by the government”.

4 Likes

Thank God he’s only shown from the waist up.

7 Likes

More like “See? I made a big-boy poop!”

9 Likes

For real. This is not a drill.

13 Likes

No. Not “made”. IS.

8 Likes