Trump: 'We are going to be appointing very pro-crime judges'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/08/trump-we-are-going-to-be-ap.html

7 Likes

Did he mean to say pro-life judges, but living and committing crimes are so closely intertwined for him that it came out pro-crime?

25 Likes

5 will get you 10, that’s what happened.

17 Likes

Damn, an honest statement from the liar in chief? Come on, 2020, we can’t handle much more of this shit!

20 Likes

And even though he was mid-sentence, this particular phrase still got a couple enthusiastic "YEEEAAAAH"s from the crowd.

6 Likes

Somebody’s nervous…

12 Likes

I think that what he was trying to say was that if Biden is elected, we (the American body politic), would appoint “pro-crime judges”. But honestly, it’s like translating from an ancient language, or trying to understand what a toddler wants.

1 Like

The part after is infuriating as well.

“They want to build low income projects in the suburbs. They’ve been doing it, they want to destroy suburbs.”

The fact that he would be on-board with this shouldn’t be lost on the crowd. Developers who want to bulldoze and gentrify the urban landscape, pushing low-income people out, are his Very Fine People. Since “low income” voters believe him, it just shows they don’t understand what he means by “low income.”

They will happily displace people from modest urban homes they worked for and send them to projects in suburbs to make way for their gaudy garbage. Fuck these liars.

4 Likes

Play this back on tape over loudspeaker election day.

1st time the man ever told the truth!

2020 just keeps getting weirder

4 Likes

“Pro-crime judges” sounds like Chicago back when Al Capone was running things. So my President finally admitted he’s a gangster. Incredible.

6 Likes

I bet he fumbled there because he couldn’t say anti-crime because he hates anti-fascist and so on every anti must be anti-trump.

It’s how the mind of a six years old works, so it should be the easiest explanation.

8 Likes

Perhaps he meant to say something like “We are going to appoint judges who are tough on crime” but went for “very pro…” and could only think of “crime” when the moment arrived.

2 Likes

Well, should be easy enough to find them – loads of GOP lawyers waiting to be GOP judges. Plenty of new crimes to commit.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t think Donnie slipped there. Only pro-crime judges can protect him.
The prequel just started in the SDNY. (Spoiler: Unlikely to play out well for Donnie.)

2 Likes

I don’t think it was a slip of the lip. You can only lie for so long before you forget what is truth or a lie or even what you’re supposed to be bs-ing.

I mean, It’s pretty obvious trump means low-income as a dogwhistle for people of color. But yeah, trump means anyone who can’t afford to pay cash for a 1.5 million dollar penthouse.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.