Trump White House changed top-secret system to heighten secrecy

Posting this after the crayon article, the humor is not lost on me.

I’d say he’s the shade of rotting carrion flesh here. How does that man make his skin that color? I have seen people dying in hospice wards with more natural looking skin color palettes than this. Seriously, what does he do to himself? Bathe in cheeto colored clay?

3 Likes

The shocking thing in all of this is not that the Trump admin ordered an upgrade that added an audit trail to the NSC’s top secret document repository.

The only shocking thing is that prior to 2018, the NSC’s top secret document repository was a shared network drive with no audit trail.

If this upgrade had been made in 1988, I might have nodded sagely. If it had been in 1998 I would have raised an eyebrow. 2008, I would have been surprised it took that long. But 2018? None of the preceding, apparently competent, presidents had put someone in charge of the NSC who thought “We should really get our IT security out of the 1980s. I shall lobby for funding for this purpose.”

12 Likes

Turns out there are at least some benefits to unchecked rampant paranoia, I guess…

3 Likes

the deep state manages the database , the server , the audit trail software , the ethernet cabling closet and such and all - the nsa knows everything ( well , or has it on file ) , ( probably even the nsc document repository ) , as does google , amazon , and at&t

1 Like

These documents aren’t top secret, just “secret” which covers most mundane daily things in the White House. They already had audit trails for actual secure documents

4 Likes

They placed National Security protections on political documents. That’s wrong.

8 Likes

Caesar%20Romero%20joker

3 Likes

11 Likes

Make blow now!

Hmmm… this might explain a lot…

3 Likes

2 Likes

“To be quite honest, it’s not the President these measures are designed to protect from embarrassment,” an unnamed White House official said yesterday. “It’s all of us. I mean, how do you think that we as Americans would feel, knowing that this jackass is calling up world leaders and spouting drivel at them? You can practically hear the gasps of disbelief on the other end of the line when he starts mouthing off about the latest 4Chan or QAnon horseshit. Last week he told Angela Merkel that he needed her help finding Hillary Clinton’s secret sex bunker under the Maldives. Before that, he was telling Shinzo Abe that Somali terrorists were infiltrating the United States via a secret tunnel in the basement of a Burger King in Scarsdale, and that the whole thing was financed by George Soros and Taylor Swift. As for his grasp of geography, the less said the better. He spent an hour on Tuesday asking Brigitte Bierlein about kangaroos, and whether they were a problem for her. When she tried to explain that Austria and Australia were two different countries, he flat-out called her a liar and hung up in a huff. On Thursday the SecDef had to mute the call when he realized that Trump had mixed up Guatemala and Guantanamo Bay, and was telling [Jimmy] Morales that he planned to empty the entire country so he could build a golf course there.”

“At least that was relatively coherent,” the official continued. “Usually, he just spouts gibberish, until it’s impossible to tell what he’s trying to say. It’s almost a relief when he has a call with someone like [Rodrigo] Duterte or [Viktor] Orbán, or Kim [Jong-Un]. Talking to another autocrat seems to sharpen his focus: he can hold it together as long as he’s talking barbed wire and watch towers. He negotiated a deal with [Jair] Bolsonaro to import sixty thousand piranhas to stock his border moat, which was actually a pretty good deal. I mean, if you can use sixty thousand piranhas, which we can’t. I just wish he’d stuck to international live fish trading instead of trying to pretend to be a statesman.”

An official White House spokesperson declined to confirm the accuracy of the claims, but did acknowledge that President Trump had spoken with his Brazilian counterpart about fish.

13 Likes

Emotionally, I agree. But the rule of law, etc. can all be brought back without humiliating his followers. The humiliated can be a strong risk to any civil society. (E.g. Germany after WWI - we know how that ended.) However much they deserve humiliation, it may be better to let them move on with a modicum of grace, if you don’t want them sniping (metaphorically or otherwise) for years to come.

The whistleblower statement said that the Ukraine/Biden transcript was not the only one that had been hidden by misfiling it into the codeword system.

If I may paraphrase a certain political figure:

“DIG 'EM UP! DIG 'EM UP! DIG 'EM UP!”

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s satire but I’m not prepared to bet more than the very smallest of chocolate bars.

3 Likes

Right? I mean the fact is we’ve heard him say stuff almost that ridiculous every day. Hard to parody this man.

3 Likes

That might explain the news from over the summer:

5 Likes

It’s just modern lights . According to Trump, fluorescents and LEDs make him and only him look like something that oozed out of a Superfund site.

1 Like

That’s not what this article says, nor the few others I skimmed via a quick google search.

1 Like

Because seasons are a curious case in English: proper nouns which you don’t capitalize.

Except they’re not proper nouns.

Well sure, in cases like Winter Olympics; that’s a proper noun which is indeed properly capitalized.

But when simply identifying seasons of the year, they’re no more proper nouns than “morning” and “night” are for identifying times of day.