Trump White House changed top-secret system to heighten secrecy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/01/nsc-codeword.html

2 Likes

Figures.

16 Likes

“Impeachment is not good enough for Trump. He needs to be imprisoned & placed in solitary confinement. But for now, impeachment is the imperative” -Maxine Waters

29 Likes

Where he can explore his inner life?
Catch up on his reading?
Pretend he’s in a movie or driving a truck?

8 Likes

so - evidence of consciousness of guilt and additionalobstruction.

21 Likes

1_sR-yYQ2lK2p-JU2TeudRqg

30 Likes

I’m going to leave this hear as there is nothing suspicious about this at all.

giphy2

32 Likes

Because Putin’s passcode was used to hide the phone calls in the WH super duper secret network?

8 Likes

I know it’s petty to point it out, but what fucking color is this guy? Burnt umber? Is his orange makeup reacting badly with hypertension-induced rosacea or something?

7 Likes

TBH, I don’t really care what happens to him after he’s impeached or voted out of in office - whether he’s free or imprisoned, happy or suffering; at that point he himself will be irrelevant (unless he somehow stays in office and wins a second term; that would be utter disaster).

I do hope, though, that his defeat (however that happens) is humiliating to him and his followers, so delivers a strong rebuke against the things he has done, and helps bring back the rule of law and the primacy of the ideals this country has long claimed to be founded upon.

15 Likes

tumblr_13907379797f272b478ae479cb7104fd_acf865f8_640

27 Likes

34 Likes

If he avoids criminal charges after leaving office it makes it clear that all you have to do to get away with significant crimes is be president when you do it.

I would rather not embolden future criminals to give it a shot.

I mean, if just getting rid of him and pardoning him of past crimes is the best we can get, then I would rather have that then putting up with him any longer, but I have a strong preference for him facing all applicable charges after leaving office.

25 Likes

Treason always is.

8 Likes

Nothing sends a chill up my spine faster than the thought of “the next Trump.” I have enough difficulty parsing the one we have now.

5 Likes

Paranoia about hidden enemies and un-provable/improbable conspiracies leads to nothing good.

Just ask Stalin.

2 Likes

Be Best Whistle!

8 Likes

I feel strongly that we should be keeping families together.

14 Likes

The thing is, he was always irrelevant. And yet, here we are.

4 Likes

24 Likes