Trump revokes global arms treaty in NRA convention rant, someone tosses object at him on stage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/26/object-thrown-on-stage-as-trum.html

6 Likes

Bump Stock or Shoe?

“withdraws from global arms treaty in NRA”

"The treaty was signed in 2013 by then-Secretary of State John Kerry during President Barack Obama’s administration but was never ratified by the U.S. Senate. The agreement was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in April 2013, with only Iran, Syria and North Korea voting no, while 23 countries abstained.

Kerry said at the time that the goal of the treaty was to stop cross-border shipments of conventional weapons that could enable war crimes, terrorism or human rights violations. The Obama administration said the pact would have no impact on domestic firearms sales.

Kerry’s signature provided only a symbolic seal of approval. U.S. law already incorporates many of the restrictions the accord seeks to encourage worldwide." -Bloomberg

He’s pandering to NRA numbskulls who don’t know any better.

“Look Ma, I’m doing stuff!”

34 Likes

Either would have been expected or appropriate, but Raw Story says it was a phone
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/watch-nra-convention-attendee-throws-phone-trump-walks-stage/

7 Likes

You’d think someone at an NRA meeting would have better aim.

57 Likes

My money was on Manzier

ETA: watched the video. You’d be very generous to describe that throw as being “at” anything at all, much less the president.

13 Likes

The only number in the phone is titled Kremlin.

After the speech trump kicks it off stage then ask someone to pick it. Hiding in plain sight.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t - NRA firearms training has gone downhill over the decades.

16 Likes

Ah - great tradecraft! No way to trace that call.

8 Likes

One of those burner phones from the grocery store.

8 Likes

I’ve never thought of describing the left as patriots before, but I’ll claim it.

36 Likes

“Donnie? This is Maria. Maria Butina. Remember me? I need some help here… Hello? Hello? …”

17 Likes

Has Trump been using executive time to play the Metal Gear Solid series?

22 Likes

“On one side are those who seek power, control and domination. And on the other side are patriots”

Assuming Donny J considers himself a seeker of power, control, and domination then I’d have to mostly agree with him

10 Likes

tumblr_inline_ppcuhp7EL91rc9268_540

20 Likes

We can’t MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN by getting rid of this jack-hole. I’d settle for MAKE AMERICA AMERICA AGAIN.

14 Likes

A wise man once said, this is america.

30 Likes

Funny how the NRA convention probably has strict rules about bringing guns into the venue. That was wimpy. One would have expected at least someone to take a shot at him there.

9 Likes

“I thought Maria Butina loved me”
-At least a dozen members of the NRA leadership

13 Likes

It’s the gang that couldn’t shoot straight. “Don’t tell me I need firearms trainin’! I been shootin’ guns since I was knee-high to a grasshopper!”

3 Likes

Dolt 45 is such a fucking ignoramus that he can’t even tell when he’s trolling himself.

And can he just unanimously decide to “take the signature back” since the senate never ratified it?

4 Likes