Trump revokes global arms treaty in NRA convention rant, someone tosses object at him on stage

this --^

we’ve only been lucky we didn’t have a trump before this. ( shrub was fing terrible of course, but you do need an appropriate harbinger )

off topic, that’s what gets me about biden. yeah sure white americans want to return to a time when they didn’t realize 30% of the people and 60% of the laws are either about suppressing women and people of color, or enriching the rich. but sticking our collective heads back in the sand is not a solution

45 is a problem. and also a symptom of a greater problem

21 Likes
12 Likes

Boy I hope so, but, and I hate to keep bringing this up, what about that crazy super-duper algorithmic-driven gerrymandering stuff that distorts reality and leads the electors to swing the way the public ain’t? Remember that whole deal?

2 Likes

I despise open carry (or concealed carry) laws, and if the NRA put their money where their mouth is then having a room full of gun-totters would have made it the safest venue in history.

Imagine this: a group of bearded non-white man wearing a thobe with a legally permitted AR-15 strapped to their backs walks into a Wal-Mart in suburban opencarryland. How different would the outcome be if they were buzz-cut white men in camos and MAGA hats?

4 Likes

Of course with open carry jurisdictions come the constant stories of people injuring themselves or others with their guns from their own stupidity and carelessness.

14 Likes

Sadly, it’s not always self inflicted. That 2 y/o is going to need some serious mental health later in life.

9 Likes

No, I’d completely forgotten that dumpster fire, thanks for reminding me.

3 Likes

They couldn’t get hold of rotten tomatoes or spoiled eggs on short notice?

6 Likes

For what reason could a rank-and-file NRA member possibly care about international weapon sales.
And here I thought that the NRA’s status as a lobbying group was supposed to be kind of a secret.

5 Likes

Because some braying old white man said they should.

10 Likes

I’m afraid he ain’t goin’ peacefully.

6 Likes

Given the fervor of his supporters and the apathy amongst other voters, I’m just afraid “he ain’t goin’”

3 Likes

He has too many phones as it is!

4 Likes

Leaked image of the phone in question…

Hamberder Phone

16 Likes

I’m still hoping he has a debilitating stroke or an aneurysm sometime between now and election day, so that he has no choice and is physically carried out.

11 Likes

“On one side are those who seek power, control and domination. But that’s enough about me.”

6 Likes

Can confirm. My neighbor sometimes teaches the pistol class in his backyard. This is, of course, illegal. The bullets often end up in my back yard. He’s been doing this for decades. The NRA doesn’t give a fuck about gun safety. Why don’t I do something? Small town, he’s old and will be dead soon, his heirs are smarter than him.

2 Likes

Maybe it was a symbolic

Kind of thing.

8 Likes

I wish more people would throw shit at Trump and with better aim. Let’s start with rotten vegetables (A fitting metaphor for his regime, pig assholes were all bought out be McDonalds) and move on to :mans_shoe: :athletic_shoe: :high_heel::basketball::hiking_boot::football::soccer::softball::tractor::oncoming_automobile::airplane::flight_arrival::small_airplane::roller_coaster::hocho::dagger::crossed_swords::hammer::wrench::bomb::firecracker::gun:and then sneak into his bedroom at night and put legos all over the floor.

3 Likes

Yeah, it amounts to the same thing. Though I’m sure the Democrats will issue a mild protest (careful not to be rude!) in the face of the destruction of American democracy, and the less authoritarian Republicans will be “deeply concerned,” briefly.

I was really desirous of a long jail term (that would really humiliate him, the worst punishment I can think of), but a stroke or other medical issue may be our only hope.

4 Likes