Trump revokes global arms treaty in NRA convention rant, someone tosses object at him on stage

Just in case someone gets the wrong idea that gender is an issue here…

14 Likes

Okay… I’m not a gun person, but even I know that you have to put the rifle against your shoulder… also both hands no. 2 gif guy, cause that’s a big gun.

The last one is the funniest one…

8 Likes

It’s demented enough that people have chosen to interpret “a well-regulated militia” to mean “unrestricted gun ownership for all Americans,” but how do people even get from there to “the gummint can’t stop me from selling military-grade weapons to international drug dealers and terrorists!”

13 Likes

The lessons of physics can be unforgiving.

As for example #3, I appreciate that he appears to take a moment to secure his firearm before dealing with his wayward trousers.

8 Likes

Don’t catch you slippin’ up
Don’t catch you slippin’ up
Look what I’m whippin’ up

1 Like

As NRA Leadership Fight Spills Into Public, N.Y. Attorney General Opens Investigation

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/27/717808885/oliver-north-says-he-will-not-seek-a-2nd-term-as-nra-president

3 Likes

America in 2020, just, um, please, not again, okay?

3 Likes

In ye olde eighteenth century English, “regulated” referred to training and discipline. The real meaning of the Second Amendment, according to one explanation I read, was to ensure that militia members could keep rifles at home for practice and would therefore have no excuse for not knowing how to handle them properly.

1 Like

Time to start throwing shoes at this guy. Preferably clown shoes.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Two problems with that convenient explanation:

1. The Constitution uses the term “regulate” and “regulated” elsewhere in the document for the conventional meaning. Unless the states need practice and/or training with trade? Um, no.
  2. Nowhere else in the document is there a precondition also clause slapped onto a statement, much less as a random example.

There’s no need to get all convoluted about how to read and interpret the 2A. It’s meant to provide the right to bear arms for people who are part of organized and regulated militia (a.k.a. a state’s National Guard). It doesn’t say anything that otherwise limits the right but it also doesn’t provide a blanket right for anyone to own any weapon they choose.

7 Likes

Yep, tho actually:

3 Likes

You might be overlooking the order and discipline part of “regulated”. The Royal Navy Police used to be called the Regulating Branch.

As soon as I saw that stance with those elbows locked like that, I knew I was going to be in for something awful.

It was pretty fascinating seeing the force of the kickback literally flowing through them like that.

Jesus H. This is why basic firearms training should be mandatory before you can ever fire live ammunition.

4 Likes

People should also work their way up to learning to use “hand cannons”.
Maybe .22 target pistols/rifles and go from there once they get the handle of basics

Jeez, some people just want to take shortcuts to doing things right!

4 Likes

I am not entirely sure that person was firing in the first video (.44 Magnum?) but whoever let them fire it is an asshole.

A large caliber firearm like that can easily break or fracture something if mishandled and it was completely obvious that they were holding it wrong and were in danger of seriously injuring themselves.

3 Likes

Newton’s Third Law; it’s not just a suggestion. :wink:

A hand cannon that will stop a charging man, will do likewise to the shooter unless they’re prepared.

8 Likes

Here’s the big question. Why did the Secret Service not hustle him off the stage? That could have been an IED disguised as a phone.

3 Likes

Presumably their good guy with a phone was off that day

6 Likes

Exactly my thought. They quietly radioed “yay” to eachother. Then a few minutes of waiting and “aw shucks”.

4 Likes