Trump would wipe Afghanistan 'off the face of the earth' but 'don't want to kill 10 million people'

tenor

9 Likes

We live in strange times when the fictional character “Buck” Turgidson is less narcissistic, less sociopathic than the current president.

6 Likes

He lacks the awareness to realize that he’s not the first President to come to this conclusion. Someone should tell him Obama came up with the same answer. Or maybe not.

2 Likes

com-add-text%20(2)

6 Likes

Someday, some asshole will be saying that about a smaller weaker USA, and we will finally understand what we have been doing around the world.

Karma’s a bitch, ya’ll.

1 Like

George C. Scott’s character argued for killing everybody in Russia and considered 20 million American dead an acceptable cost.

Trump is a bastard, but not escalating Afghanistan and not starting a new war in Iran yet are not bad things he did.

Yes, yes, he’s done a bunch of other bad things. You’re all off topic. Carry on.

3 Likes

Give it time.

3 Likes

I just meant that
[long comment trying to explain my apparently unfunny joke]
[followed by another joke]
[neither of which are helpful].

2 Likes

Yeah, not escalating Afghanistan is not bad. It’s just that the comment is not “we can’t just kill millions of people” but instead, “I can just kill millions of people, but I don’t want to.” That peak into Trump’s thoughts on not escalating Afghanistan is not comforting. As if genocide was not unthinkable, and only not happening because the whims weren’t blowing that way today. And I actually think Trump wants us to think that way, because Trump thinks that’s what strength looks like.

8 Likes

"I could totally kill 10 million people.
We’ll see what happens."

8 Likes

The point is, he’s breezily and ignorantly talking about incinerating (or not) tens of millions of people, people you know he considers “lesser” (due to culture, due to melanin content) and of a “shithole” nature. Before, he just wanted to keep these “inferiors” out of his proximity. Now, he wants to exterminate them. Or not.

3 Likes

The important thing is that we know this is all about him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.