#TrumpRaids are coming: ICE raids and mass deportations as early as Sunday in these 10 cities

Of fucking course racists are also slavers. Revolution can’t arrive fast enough.

15 Likes

It’s already happening, but more dog-whistle-y.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/449657-ingraham-dismisses-reparations-we-won-you-lost

16 Likes

Pogrom at 11.

4 Likes

I don’t know what annoys me more: The fact that ICE, under Trump, is going to sweep for deportables … or that they told everyone five days in advance.

Look, we need sane and safe immigration reform that respects both asylum-seekers and our sovereignty as a nation; I don’t think Donny Dumb-head’s advance-warning raids are going to do it.

As David Frum put it in The Atlantic recently, if Liberals won’t enforce America’s borders, fascists will. And the current Democratic candidates on immigration are a bad, sad joke.

1 Like

17 Likes

Hopefully in some vital positions.

3 Likes

i think this is already happening:

10 Likes

I found that account very upsetting. If we give them the power to do this to us, they will no doubt abuse it. Its ironic that the trump supporters who would argue against the risk of the government “coming for you” are the ones that enable this behavior by our government against us.

12 Likes

CBP = Caging Brown People. (And the rest of you keep your lips zipped or you’ll get the same.)

12 Likes

That’s the thing, they think their skin color and relative privilege protects them. They see the rights that are due all of us as some special privilege of theirs. Or they are so wrapped up in ensuring brown people are excluded they are willing to endanger their own rights, because they’d rather live in a fascist state than see the “erosion” of white America.

This frustrates me on other issues like the abortion debate and gay rights - what makes the opponents of these issues believe that if they strip some of us of our rights, that theirs aren’t vulnerable, too? Roe and some of the major gay rights decisions were based on the right to privacy. if that’s taken away from women and the LBGQT community, it can be taken away from anyone.

13 Likes

oh gawd it’s gonna be just like brexit

12 Likes

So… I guess not, again.
I’m wondering if never doing what he says
is a cover for never doing what he says?

5 Likes

makes it convenient when you want “I changed my mind”, “I never said I’d do that”, and “I did that” to all be interchangeable depending on your immediate whim.

11 Likes

20 Likes

So I have this new conspiracy theory I’d like to throw at Trump supporters, that Trump is actually pro-immigrant. Here are the pillars of my theory:

1. The rate of immigrants has spiked under Donald Trump’s administration.
  2. Trump fixates his followers on construction of a wall, even though that wall would have little impact on the flow of immigrants.
  3. Only 41% of appointed positions in DHS have been filled, a lower level than any other cabinet level department. There is currently no Secretary of Homeland Security, nor is there a proposed candidate.
  4. The Trump administration deports approx. 250K people a year, down 37% from the peak of 409K people during President Obama’s first term.
  5. The administration gave almost a week’s warning about the timing and location of the planned ICE raids. Trump has now postponed those raids for a further two weeks. Under Obama, ICE raids were typically carried out with no advance warning.

Why would Trump be pro-immigrant? They’re inexpensive labor, making them poor people that can’t vote.

5 Likes

Someday, decades or generations from now, everybody will be free to go where they want to go and be where they want to be, just because they’re human beings on planet earth, just like now any American can go anywhere we want in America and any Canadian can go anywhere they want in Canada and any European can go anywhere they want in Europe.

Can’t we just SKIP ALL THIS STUPID BULLSHIT and get to the final episode?

13 Likes

:musical_note: And we should give back all the oceans and the islands and the sky
Cause they don’t belong to any man and no man has the right
To tell another human being that their access is denied
To any corner of this planet or any moment of their lives :musical_note:

12 Likes

I see crimethinc has stickers, but I sure would like that upper one on a t-shirt I could wear.

5 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes

lice

13 Likes