Trump's acting Chief of Staff in 2016: Trump is a "terrible human being"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/15/shithole-country.html

5 Likes

tumblr_pjqdgx1sjd1ujinhho1_400

24 Likes

Being a “terrible human being” is a feature, not a bug. He was complimenting the orange shit-stain.

16 Likes

Mick isn’t standing in for Flynn, I think you are thinking of General Kelly, also a fairly terrible human being.

If this was Trumplethinskin’s “A” team, these jokers are dipping into the C- maybe D+ territory (see his UN pick)

7 Likes

Well, hey, as long as a woman who is a democrat isn’t in charge, that’s all that matters… I mean, Trump will wreck the economy with his dumb policies, make us a laughing stock, and open our the government to utter privatization across the board, but hey… as long as a democrat and a woman isn’t in charge… it’s all as god intended…

God, I hate these people.

34 Likes

If you agreed to work for someone whose habits and other opinions you found odious, but signed on anyhow, you shouldn’t be surprised when you get called on it.

@enkidoodler, I think it’s gone beyond AAA farm team, and more like recruiting from the Pee Wee T-ball team.

11 Likes

Umm, what? I think you got that wrong.

Y’all need a fact checker.

5 Likes

Trump: “I’ll make you rich.”

Mulvaney: “More than than I was getting from our treasury?”

Trump: “Oh, you can still do that!”

Mulvaney: “Ohhh you’re the best!”

9 Likes

Mulvaney is Trump’s acting Chief of Staff, standing in for Mike Flynn, who might be going to prison.

As others have pointed out, he’s not standing in for Flynn. He’s currently still at OMB, and was standing in as acting head of the CFPB until earlier this month.

Flynn was Trump’s first National Security Advisor, and lasted a remarkable 24 days in that role. He has not had a role in the administration since his dismissal in February 2017.

John Kelly is the current White House Chief of Staff.

And Mulvaney will not become acting Chief of Staff until Kelly leaves at the end of the month.

2 Likes

The only reason I can imagine for why Cory thinks Flynn is Kelly is that he believes all Trump administration generals with Irish surnames are the same.

It’s right there in the first paragraph of the job description. Now we’re outraged?

Wasn’t Mulvaney also in charge of wrecking everything up at CFPB? How’s that coming along?

right you are. So. Many. Generals.

6 Likes

How many generals do you need for a proper junta?
(Asking for a friend.)

7 Likes

Mulvaney is Trump’s acting Chief of Staff, standing in for Mike Kelly.

Still not right–current chief of staff is John Kelly. Mulvaney still isn’t acting chief of staff. And Mike Kelly is a Republican congressman from Pennsylvania.

You know the rules - corrections must be prefaced with “Um, Actually”.

10 Likes

Thanks, O’Bama.

17 Likes

To be fair, it would be impossible to find someone who didn’t think Trump was a terrible human being. It doesn’t matter what one’s politics are, there’s different reasons to find him abhorrent. In fact, there’s no moral standard in which Trump is anything but terrible. Even Trump’s most ardent supporters admit he’s a terrible human being - he’s just their terrible human being (or they believe so).

15 Likes

I can’t help but think how things have changed since, ‘The Apprentice.’

On that show, the worst thing that could happen was hearing the dreaded words, “You’re fired”

Now the most dreaded words are, “You’re hired.”

18 Likes

What I find most dangerous and offensive is the group of self appointed “leaders” of the American religious right who flock to Trump and call him God’s anointed one. They are attempting to establish the church of the Republican Party.
The definition of religious freedom is the freedom of certain select religions to force their hypocritical version of morality on everyone.

2 Likes

What?
All the “best people” know that he is a terrible human being,

1 Like